Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bottles

(7 Posts)
themumfairy Fri 12-Jun-15 20:03:13

what bottles do everyone recommend?

Rosenwyn1985 Fri 12-Jun-15 20:51:23

We used Philips ones first time around, and we're planning to do the same again. Honestly I don't think it makes a great deal of difference, just personal preference. The new Philips ones have a "more natural, breast like nipple" so I was told, good if you're thinking of breast/bottle feeding. We exclusively bottle feed for medical reasons and had no trouble with them.

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Fri 12-Jun-15 20:53:17

Just don't go.down the route of really complicated anti colic ones unless you need them.

Simple and easy to clean is a winner.

Also, size depends on whether you are planning to use for formula or expressed bm.smile

cookielove Fri 12-Jun-15 20:55:46

We use a mix of nuby and Dr Brown's, the Dr Brown's really helped when ds was little and couldn't bring up wind, it really reduced how much air he was taking in! We used nuby's as ds was premature and struggled to breastfeed, my mum was sent out on a mission to find a bottle that was similar to breast and she came back with the silicone version, which he took to straight away!

GotTheKey Fri 12-Jun-15 20:57:38

Tommee tippee and Avent have quite hard teats and can make it difficult for baby's to suckle. Mam, Nuk and Lanisinoh are supposed to be good but have heard midwives also recommending cheaper brands such as boots own because the teats are much softer x

slippermaiden Fri 12-Jun-15 21:02:15

Nuk all the way for me. Avoid advent or tomee tippee if you can, hard teats not easy for baby to use. Boots own as good as any others smile

Shootingstar2289 Fri 12-Jun-15 21:10:16

I used tommee tippee bottles for my son with no problems.

I was only talking to a friend yesterday, who's baby suffered from awful colic and she told me that the more expensive bottles such as 'dr browns' made little difference.

Avent bottles are meant to be great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now