Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

4.5 weeks pregnant with cramping pains

(5 Posts)
fisher1 Fri 12-Jun-15 09:01:57

This is my second pregnancy with the first one ending in miscarriage at 6 weeks. I am not 4.5 weeks pregnant and have cramping pains that almost feel like period pains - there is no bleeding at the moment, is this normal?

Writemove Fri 12-Jun-15 09:05:46

Cramping can be perfectly normal. At this stage your womb is starting to expand and change.

I know how you feel. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks (mmc) and now have a healthy 20 month old ds.
But during that pregnancy I worried about every twinge and pain. It made a long nine months. It's easy to say but try not to worry.

Having a mc takes away your blissful pregnancy ignorance.

fisher1 Fri 12-Jun-15 09:11:39

Yes its very hard to not analyse every ache and pain - so im trying to remain positive and I know that in most cases its a good thing, but you always have that doubt in your mind.

Anna2710 Fri 12-Jun-15 13:51:18

I had this exact same thing at 4-5 weeks for a few days. Felt like period pains or as if had a water infection or something. Was just my uterus expanding and changing and was nothing to worry about (I can say that now although I was worried at the time). I am now 19 weeks pregnant so don't worry it is definitely normal!

Andifyoudontfirstsucceed Fri 12-Jun-15 17:49:17

I am 14 weeks and at around 4-5 I had cramps so bad I thought I was loosing the baby ... They sometimes woke me up - but s a scan at 8 weeks there it was with a lovely heart beat - try not to worry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now