Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ugh I need calming Dow

(7 Posts)
tinyme135 Fri 12-Jun-15 08:41:10

Having such a bad day so far. My stress levels are through the roof and I'm trying everything to calm myself down and nothing is working. How did everyone else calm down and what tips can you give.

MissTwister Fri 12-Jun-15 09:16:45

Breathe. It's the best thing you can do. Sit down and breathe in through your nose for a count of 6 and then out through your mouth to a count of 8. the slower the better. You'll rebalance your oxygen levels and feel better within a couple of minutes.

hope your day gets better.

ImpatiencePersonified Fri 12-Jun-15 09:24:14

Laugh... it's the only way for me.

This site is very very funny and a good way to escape for 5 minutes. I DARE you to read some of the stories and not feel better after ;)

www.27bslash6.com/halogen.html

Hope you get some mind space soon

LumpyCustard69 Fri 12-Jun-15 09:45:33

Go on YouTube and watch Simon's Cat clips!!!

Cornberry Fri 12-Jun-15 10:36:05

Watch some utter crap on TV. I recommend Jane the Virgin on 4OD.

Feelingstressed444 Fri 12-Jun-15 11:02:06

Try and do some colouring books or word puzzles etc
My midwife recommended these 'pointless' tasks to occupy my mind when I was stressed and they really work.
Plus it's not like you have the pressure of having to finish them..just do as little or as much as you like until your mind feels relaxed

tinyme135 Fri 12-Jun-15 12:28:07

Thanks for all the great ideas. I'm slowly calming down which I'm great full for. Scared incase I hurt the little one. Few twinges since stressing I think the little one is telling me off haha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now