Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Braxton hicks

(4 Posts)
S2b16 Fri 12-Jun-15 08:27:16

33.4 3rd baby, never had them with my first 2, or never noticed them, this one I've had them often. For last 2 weeks they are really intense. They take my breath away.
Seem to come when I'm just sat, especially if I've had a baby day, was at hosp wed for reduced movement and had 3 bh in 20 mins, ranging between 58-63 on monitor. Is there anything I can do to ease them? I'm honestly terrified for the labour now. Been 6.5 years since dd2 and this pregnancy is totally different (& more trouble/painful)

Rosenwyn1985 Fri 12-Jun-15 08:34:47

Warm baths help. I had them quite bad with my first and they've been so bad this time I've had to just stop whatever I'm doing and breathe through them. I'm currently 30+1. I also find moving about helps. I have been caught at work (I work in retail so I hide out back) in some strange positions trying to just let them pass. I don't think the level of Braxton hicks you have has any implications on you labour. I had a fast first labour after awful Braxton hicks where I know plenty of people who had no braxton hicks and then atrocious labour. I would take it that your body is just getting itself ready and will be more prepared for it. Of course if concerned just call the midwife. They won't mind!

S2b16 Fri 12-Jun-15 08:38:12

Thank you, I've noticed the warm baths help, as does the birthing ball smile just when your out and about. The midwife wasn't concerned wed, she just said they are quite tight for how far I am. I'm not concerned they are just painful and I'm scared I've turned into a wuss lol x

popalot Fri 12-Jun-15 13:53:54

Changing position helps. No idea if they affect labour. I would like to hope they make it faster and more efficient.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now