Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hayfever

(11 Posts)
BabyBNumberThree Thu 11-Jun-15 17:57:52

Not sure if this has already been discussed but has anyone got any tips or remedies for hayfever? as far as I'm aware I cannot take anything. all I've been told is to use vaseline under the nose. Tia x

Outofthewoodwork Thu 11-Jun-15 18:54:52

My go said piriton was ok but maybe check with yours?

Outofthewoodwork Thu 11-Jun-15 18:55:14

Sorry gp not go!

dementedpixie Thu 11-Jun-15 18:56:33

There have been a fair few threads. nhs says loratidine and cetirizine are ok

HeyMicky Thu 11-Jun-15 18:57:51

As above. Beconase spray is also fine. Plus the usual preventative stuff eg Vaseline in nostrils, showering, sunglasses, windows closed when the pollen rises etc

dementedpixie Thu 11-Jun-15 18:58:15

www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/935.aspx?categoryid=54

BabyBNumberThree Thu 11-Jun-15 20:00:06

thank you ladies ill look into these x

CityDweller Thu 11-Jun-15 22:32:29

Pharmacist at Boots told me Flixonase nasal spray (think it's called Pirinase now) is ok and I've been using a couple of squirts of that a day since May after an absolutely awful attack of hay fever - was so bad I couldn't really sleep. The spray has kept the worst of it at bay, although I do still get itchy eyes and runny nose if I've been outside a lot.

melonface Fri 12-Jun-15 09:04:53

Pharmacist at Boots last weekend gave me Prevalin nose spray and optrex tired eye drops as that was all that is safe. Hope you get some relief!

BabyBNumberThree Fri 12-Jun-15 16:18:21

thank you!

manateeandcake Fri 12-Jun-15 20:03:14

If you get itchy, streaming eyes, sodium cromoglicate eye drops are what you want. They are safe in pregnancy and actually work, for me anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now