Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pregnant by a one night stand, i love my ex

(2 Posts)
babyblues19 Thu 11-Jun-15 16:02:40

I was with my boyfriend for 4 years since i was 15 and I loved him so much but I broke things off because I thought we were too young to settle down. I missed him but went out a few months later and got pregnant by a one night stand. My ex and I haven't spoken since we broke up in December.I got pregnant in February. I rang him today in floods of tears cause I wanted to talk, we were so close we were like lovers and best friends and i cant face the thought of us not being together. I couldn't talk on the phone as I was in floods of tears so he said he would come and see me tonight.II'm so nervous I don't know what to say to him. I want to be with him, marry him and spend my life with him like we always planned but I don't think he will want that with me considering I'm pregnant by another man. Will I tell him how I feel or do you think its a bad idea? Please help

batfish Thu 11-Jun-15 17:21:10

Sorry to hear about your situation babyblues, if I were you in would tell him how you feel. I don't know why you broke up but you have nothing to lose by telling him - you are not together now so if you tell him and you are still not together then nothing lost and at least you won't always be wondering what if you had told him. Does he know about the pregnancy? I think you need to prepare yourself for the fact that he will be unlikely to jump at the chance to be with you though given the pregnancy. It would be a very very difficult thing for him to be able to deal with.

Good luck whatever happens, I would love there to be a fairytale ending for you but I think it is a big ask of him to be with you when you are pregnant by someone else. But I still think you should be honest with him about how you feel because you just never know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now