Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Movements

(9 Posts)
sunnyawry Thu 11-Jun-15 13:45:11

This baby is not as active as my first and it's really stressing me out. I've been busy today and not noticed any movements since first thing even though I have been consciously trying to take notice. So I led down and have now felt movements: nudges and wriggles, 2 or 3 episodes in 20 mins. Is this ok now or do I still need to be concerned? Are movements still ok if you can only feel them if you stop what you're doing and lie still? Am 34 weeks.

fanjodisfunction Thu 11-Jun-15 13:46:40

is the movement normal for this pregnancy?

WiIdfire Thu 11-Jun-15 13:50:29

I've only ever been able to feel them when I stop and sit/lie still. Thats normal for me.

fanjodisfunction Thu 11-Jun-15 14:01:11

if its normal for this pregnancy then I think that is fine. but if your not sure then ring midwife or triage for advice.

sunnyawry Thu 11-Jun-15 14:27:36

Thanks, it's is normal to some extent but every day seems different. I am now having lunch and luckily baby is moving loads so I am reassured for the time being.

Shootingstar2289 Thu 11-Jun-15 19:20:33

I know how you feel. I am 36 weeks pregnant with number two. My first was a proper fidget and still is..

This baby moves but not as much as my first and will have quiet periods. She often has 1 very active period in a day and smaller one off movements at other times which are harder to notice especially if you're busy.

With your second, you are probably much busier so less likely to notice the little kicks.

If you're worried, please don't hesitate to get checked out. It's best to check everything is ok which I'm sure it will be and to mind your mind at rest smile

Shootingstar2289 Thu 11-Jun-15 19:21:49

It is also normal for me to only feel movements when lying/sitting.

However, over the last week I have felt them a bit more when busy

Good luck smile

Topsy34 Thu 11-Jun-15 19:28:15

One baby will be more active than another, its about finding the normal pattern for your baby.

Count the kicks website has info in recognising movement

MissTwister Thu 11-Jun-15 22:43:06

My baby has no discernible pattern either. It's stressfil! I've also found as I've got further on I can mostly only feel movement when I am still or lying down - think it's because it's less big kicks and more rolling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now