Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Occasional Stabbing Pain Low Right Hand Side of Stomach

(5 Posts)
Distracted15 Thu 11-Jun-15 13:16:49

I am currently 10+1 with my first pregnancy. The last few weeks I have occasionaly been getting a 'stabbing' pain with a burning sensation that lasts from a few seconds up to about a minute then vanishes.

Its the lower right hand side of my belly, always the same place.

I think it tends to happen when I'm going from sitting to standing or have crouched a little to standing up straight.

It's an intense pain that definitely stops me in my tracks!

I've read about round ligament pain, do you think this sounds like that?..

lauraa4 Thu 11-Jun-15 13:24:48

Definitely sounds like round ligament pain. I had it at about 18 weeks for about a day and then it went. I'm 25 weeks and it's randomly come back again today. It hurts when I walk up and down the stairs or if I move to quickly.

Skiptonlass Thu 11-Jun-15 14:31:01

Certainly sounds like it. It can be surprisingly strong! I also had a cyst on one ovary that caused similar pains (totally harmless, just hurt a bit!)

Distracted15 Fri 12-Jun-15 10:34:33

Thank-you for replying. It's not an everyday occurrence so I'll just mention it at my next appointment if it's still happening smile

misssmilla1 Fri 12-Jun-15 14:31:49

As laura says, I think it'll be ligament pain. I got this and still get it at 26 weeks. In the early days it was more a muscle pain, now it's sharp and stabby, bit like a stitch but more pronounced. Happens when I walk a lot or from sudden movements; well not actually that sudden, but getting up, rolling over etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now