Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help! Could I be in the middle of having a miscarriage or just implantation bleeding?

(15 Posts)
Leannex4 Thu 11-Jun-15 12:35:56

Hi Ladies, i'm panicking here (i know, wrong thing to do whilst pregnant!) but long story short. I miscarried back in December around 6/7 weeks pregnant. Completely heartbroken! BUT We found out a couple of weeks ago we were pregnant again. All has been fine, had all the symptoms, morning sickness, sore breasts, fatigue etc, but this morning i woke up with browny coloured blood on my pj's...not alot but still BLOOD!! Its not enough to need to wear a pad, but its still there when i wipe. I'm also having slight cramps, which is making my mind go ten to the dozen. EPU advised me to monitor the blood throughout the day, as it sounds to her just like implantation bleeding, and to contact if theres any change in colour/quantity. I am beside myself with worry. Has anyone else experienced this and been fine? Think i'm more worried as its happened before and i thought this was my time sad. Thank you x

Leannex4 Thu 11-Jun-15 12:37:06

sorry...meant to say i'm about 6weeks 2 days. x

KatoPotato Thu 11-Jun-15 12:54:43

Firstly try not to worry, in my experience brown blood is old blood and not a cause for concern. Red blood and intense pain are said to worry about.

At this stage you will feel some cramping however I always saw this as little been settling in. Try to rest up and keep an eye if you feel concerned phone your EPU, that's what they are there for. Take care

fanjodisfunction Thu 11-Jun-15 14:09:09

I had this with my first two pregnancies and everything was fine. it's hard not to worry especially with your recent history. cramping is normal its your uterus expanding and getting ready to be pregnant and the bleeding can be implantation.

sarkymare Thu 11-Jun-15 15:30:06

First of all I'm so sorry you're having this worry.

Unfortunately nobody can really predict what this bleeding is or the outcome you will have. Many women experience bleeding of some sort during pregnancy and go on to have healthy pregnancies and equally many do not. I would do as the EPU say and monitor the bleeding for now.

I'm a little concerned that the EPU suggested it could be implantation. Anyone in that profession should know that implantation occurs around 11 days after conception and before a positive test will be possible. Without implantation there is no HCG to turn the test positive. Your pregnancy has been confirmed, and if you are roughly 6 weeks pregnant then Implantation would have happened at least 2 weeks ago.

Again I'm sorry you're having to go through this worry, wishing you the very best of luck and I have my fingers crossed for a good outcome for you.

TheOddity Thu 11-Jun-15 15:42:06

To make you feel better, I had this at 6 weeks last time, and panicked and cried my eyes out. Everything was completely fine, had a full term healthy baby. I'm just 6 weeks and a bit this time and had exactly the same. Didn't even go to get it checked this time as I have roaring morning sickness so no doubt it is just a bit of my body thinking it is period time and clearing out a bit of the old or something Mystical and weird. I really wouldn't worry about a tiny amount of blood on wiping, but totally empathise as had exactly the same concerns as you. Only time and more blood can tell for sure, but for now everything is still pointing in the right direction. Keep calm, rested and I would only worry if you start getting more heavy bleeding or bad tummy cramps.

CuppaSarah Thu 11-Jun-15 16:15:38

When would your second period have been due after falling pregnant? It isn't uncommon to have some bleeding around the time it would have been happening. It doesn't make it any less stressful. Could you afford a private scan to pit your mind at ease?

Just remember, nothing you do or don't do can effect baby. If you need to be stressed or upset, it won't hurt your baby so don't feel guilty if you need to.

MummyPiggy87 Thu 11-Jun-15 16:42:55

I had brown blood at about 5 weeks 8 weeks and 10 weeks I was the same as you I panicked because I also had a ms last year, but all's fine x

CakeInMyFace Thu 11-Jun-15 16:55:43

I had brown blood around then too and my dd is now nearly 4. Also had a bit of bleeding around 8 weeks withthis pregnancy and now 26 weeks and all fine. Can be your body ridding itself of old blood. I'd go in to epu for a scan if it continues, not sure where you are but where I am you just turn up by 830am and are prioritised, seen and scanned.

Pugmumlondon Thu 11-Jun-15 20:35:55

Just been through this. Found out on Friday that I was pregnant. Sunday - bleeding and spotting for 2 days. I went to my GP who referred me for a scan - all fine. 7 + 3 days! If you're concerned I would ask your GP to refer you for a scan. They will be able to tell you then what's going on. I worried myself ill from Sunday to weds but all ok in the end.

Good luck xx

ruthsmumkath Thu 11-Jun-15 20:47:50

I've had bleeding as you described in a healthy pregnancy and three m/c all starting the same. With the healthy preg it eventually slowed down and stopped. With the m/c two got progressively heavier over a few days. Another was sporadic spotting over 3 weeks that eventually got heavier.

Keep a positive outlook but if you have regular spotting make e to get it checked out - even for peace of mind.

Good luck

Kx

Roseybee10 Fri 12-Jun-15 02:27:17

Implantation bleeding IS possible at 6 weeks plus. The reason being that the bleed took place when implantation occurred but it took a while for it to make its way out, hence it being brown 'old blood'.

Keeping everything crossed for you that your little bean hangs on and it's just implantation bleeding. The first 12 weeks are awful for waiting x

contractor6 Fri 12-Jun-15 06:47:31

Hi, understand your pain, I mc last year and have spent last six months worrying about this one. But it is "old blood" and also you said slight cramps, were they as bad as pain last time. I know I worried every twinge in first few weeks would turn into pain when mc. Looking back the pain I had when mc made me double over it was so bad...get down to the epu for blood test and scan to reassure yourself xx

Cassie258 Fri 12-Jun-15 06:50:29

Most people I know, including my self had a small amount of 'old blood' at some point before the twelve weeks.

Everyone panicked. Everyone was fine.

Sorry for your loss. Don't panic, just keep an eye out for pain/red blood. I'm sure you'll be fine but worrying won't help at all thanks

missnomie Fri 12-Jun-15 16:37:23

Hello,
I am 6 weeks today and I have been bleeding for the past 2 weeks, I'm very nervous too, just wanted to let you know you aren't alone.
Fingers crossed for us both.
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now