Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Blood Tests

(10 Posts)
cth1982 Thu 11-Jun-15 10:50:37

Hi All,

Just a quick question - I had my booking appointment last Thursday and all my bloods done on the same day - do you know how long to takes to get the results back? I haven't heard anything since then, is this normal? I would imagine the results would have been in by now? I would ring the Midwife but they did say the number they provided was for emergency only.

Thanks!

RockerMummy184 Thu 11-Jun-15 11:01:44

They will call you if there are any issues.

I believe some of the tests come back immediately, others take a couple of days. I had a call within 24 hours as there was a problem with my last ones, but when I had DS there was no issues at all so I got the results at my next appointment about 8 weeks later.

If they haven't contacted you then there's no cause for concern. smile

OhEmGeee Thu 11-Jun-15 11:13:58

Blood tests don't actually take that long to process. But you won't hear anything unless there's a reason to. Is there something you're worried about? If not, then just ask at your next me appointment. But it's juts routine bloods and they won't contact you unless they need to.

OhEmGeee Thu 11-Jun-15 11:14:29

*mw
*just

happygojo Thu 11-Jun-15 11:15:22

I got mine at my 12 week scan. Like others have said, if there was anything to worry about they would have been in touch

cloudjumper Thu 11-Jun-15 12:42:41

In my experience, they will only get in touch with you if there's anything wrong - no news is good news!

Blackandwhitecat3 Thu 11-Jun-15 21:36:31

My MW said that I would get the results at my 12 week scan, but if I wanted them before I could ring (MW is attached to my doctors surgery), and as other posters have said, if there are any problems they'll contact me anyway. HTH.

Whatabout Thu 11-Jun-15 22:03:43

Got mine at my next routine midwife appointment. They don't contact you unless necessary.

scatterbrainedlass Fri 12-Jun-15 09:52:48

What pp said, if there is an issue you should hear within a couple of days. I got my Downs screening results in the post after about a week, and the rest of the results a week after that.

Emjones88 Fri 12-Jun-15 17:22:53

I had my booking in appt Monday 1st and hadn't heard anything until today. It's not about an urgent matter just I need to have a vacc after baby's born, which is why I suppose it waited to be come through post rather than a call. We get a run down printed out at our 12week scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now