Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

16 weeks & exhausted - roll on maternity leave

(2 Posts)
Bellabutterfly2014 Thu 11-Jun-15 07:29:44

Basically - as the thread title says!!

No idea how I'm going to do another 4 and a bit months at work - I'm done in now and my manager has been a bit unkind (no change there then!!!) and not very supportive towards me at all. I'm finding it really difficult.

I could go on Mat leave earlier but then I'll have less time off with the baby so not sure what to do for the best? What's everyone else doing ?

Newtobecomingamum Thu 11-Jun-15 11:34:39

Do you have any AL you could use before starting mat leave. I've booked 4 weeks AL to start 1st Dec as baby due end of Dec and I start my Mat leave date of baby due date (so I don't waste any). Means I only have 4 days leave to take up until then but I'm just trying to hold out.

Remember when you are off on mat leave you will still accrue AL in that year.. And then I personally plan to add those 4 weeks onto the end of mat leave.

Best of luck and try and rest as much as possible. Is there any alterations your work could make to make it easier for you?? They have to take this into consideration and if you don't ask you don't get. In my first pregnancy I worked reduced hours as was so tired for about 2 months.

Best of luck with everything x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now