Talk

Advanced search

High risk

(2 Posts)
Babyhowe26 Thu 11-Jun-15 01:18:15

Hellos mommas, I am 16 Weeks with my first baby.. I just had the second part of my IPS screening done 2 or 3 days ago.. I had a doctors appointment today, just with my faily doctor.. She got my blood work in and now has told me I am a high risk pregnancy.. She did not explain much at all and left me really worried about baby and I... She told me that their is something wrong with my immune system? But didn't explain what and how I can cope with it.. I am a worry wart as it is and now I am stressing myself even more.. Has any of you had the same problem? Are me and baby going to be okay??? Please help

CultureSucksDownWords Thu 11-Jun-15 02:02:36

I don't know what the IPS screening is, but a quick Google seems to show it is to do with working out the risk of Downs, and other genetic problems. I'm not sure how this relates to any possible immune system issues. Your doctor should not have left you so confused and worried - I think you should complain about this if you can. Also make another appointment with your doctor (or perhaps a different one), and ask them all the questions you've put here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now