Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bras bras brassssss

(15 Posts)
Blueflower2015 Wed 10-Jun-15 19:15:48

Can anyone recommend maternity bras for 'the larger bust?'

Now blossomed to a 36G but seems most bras for that size are like sports bras that come up to your chin and have straps the size of a belt!

Nursing bras would be preferable as I've only 6 weeks to go but I'm fed up wearing sports bras - especially when it's nice weather and you want to wear a scrappy too.

Any suggestions welcome smile

ovumahead Wed 10-Jun-15 19:25:57

www.nursingbra-shop.co.uk/

Can't do links on my phone, sorry! Copy and paste should do it. My boobs are off the scale massive and I found some on there... Good luck!

ovumahead Wed 10-Jun-15 19:26:37

Oh wow, I can do links now! Whoop!

HazleNutt Wed 10-Jun-15 19:36:35

I would not buy nursing bras at this stage, it's likely they won't fit when your milk comes in (I went down a couple of back sizes and up a few cups, for example). You can wear normal bras, just get one in your current size.

Frasras11 Wed 10-Jun-15 19:38:29

Try the Sophie bra from panache. They do a soft cup and a nursing bra in the same size. If you have a bravissimo near go there. I've gone up to an H now and it's the only place I can buy from.

Frasras11 Wed 10-Jun-15 19:39:11

Not an H I meant a K!! One more size and it'll be hammocks for support.

WiIdfire Wed 10-Jun-15 19:50:20

Look up Hotmilk and Royce. Dont have personal experience though as sadly nowhere goes up to my size. :-(

OneFlewOverTheMumsNest Wed 10-Jun-15 21:48:47

I'd also recommend bravissimo. They won't measure you for a nursing bra yet as it's a bit too early still but they'll get you a really good fitting bra for now.

Runningupthathill82 Wed 10-Jun-15 21:51:13

I bought a lovely Freya Dotty from eBay in a 34H.
Bravissimo do nice Freya ones, and John Lewis own brand are quite good too - they do packs of two that are quite pretty and reasonably priced, in large cup sizes.

LAM1 Wed 10-Jun-15 21:59:15

Bravissimo, Royce, Charlotte soft cup I think it's called. Currently in one that's a 36g and I am fine in it all day

CorBlimeyTrousers Wed 10-Jun-15 22:07:08

I am wearing Triumph Doreen bras at the moment. They're not specifically maternity but non-underwired. I'd be lying if I said they were things of beauty and they do have an air of the older lady about them but they are lacy, comfortable and supportive and the shape under clothes is ok. Three hooks at back and thick straps but I don't see how you could avoid that with large sizes and no wires. The support has to come from somewhere.

ovumahead Thu 11-Jun-15 05:47:19

I just tried on a 36J in a Royce bra and it's too small AAAGGGGHHHHHH. I'm only 26 weeks pregnant!

Mrsbigley Thu 11-Jun-15 06:54:40

Got all mine from bravissimo. I went up to 36h last pregnancy.

SweetAndFullOfGrace Thu 11-Jun-15 06:59:20

Yes definitely go to bravissimo if you can. They will fit you properly for a start, as most women wear a bra that has a back size that is far too large plus you need some give in a nursing bra as your boobs grow and shrink depending on the feeding cycle. And they have some really pretty softcup bras.

Topsy34 Thu 11-Jun-15 07:00:36

Another vota for royce!

I normally wear triumph underwired, which im still wearing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now