Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

28 weeks measuring only 25, scan booked in for tomorrow, panicking!

(6 Posts)
fixuplooksharp Wed 10-Jun-15 10:17:46

Hi smile
I had my 28 week appt yesterday and everything was good except I'm only measuring 25 weeks. This is my third baby so I know sometimes they get it wrong etc, but 3 weeks out sounds quite a lot to me. They have booked me in for a scan tomorrow afternoon and whilst I know I should chill and wait until then, my mind is doing overtime thinking what could be causing this.
Any advice, experiences and honest ones too, don't worry about sugar coating.
Thanks in advance!!

Number3cometome Wed 10-Jun-15 10:20:33

Nah don't panic, I've been between 2cm too small and 3cm too big depending on who is doing the measuring!

This is my third too.

I am on regular growth scans and baby is pretty much spot on average!

Stinkylinky Wed 10-Jun-15 10:26:14

I was measuring 32 weeks at 36 and went for a scan on Monday, turns out baby is actually measuring 37 weeks!

notinacton Wed 10-Jun-15 10:29:39

I had this with both of mine, and both were fine and a good size! I think it was due to my bump being quite low and the way they measure it (I.e. from the bottom upwards). I was told I measured 22 weeks at 29. All was well and my babies were born with no complications, weighing 8lb and 7lb. Try not to worry smile

fixuplooksharp Wed 10-Jun-15 10:40:36

Thanks everyone!
notinaction I think I could be the same, I am very low and the baby seems to be laying across, so that would be a factor, as they measure vertically. I have a huge gap inbetween boobs and start of bump, it is so low and juts out smile

allgoodthings84 Wed 10-Jun-15 17:28:09

Don't panic. I was always measuring small and had 2 growth scans and when I was 40+5 I was measuring 33 weeks and there was nothing wrong with our baby and she was born 6lb 12oz at 41+1. For whatever reason I just had a small bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now