Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

loose motions & labour....???

(9 Posts)
trumpetmouse Tue 09-Jun-15 21:09:09

Hey there, I'm nearly 38 weeks. I've spent all of my pregnancy until the last two days unbelievably constipated.... to the point where the doc has put me on 3 types of laxatives, plus I eat ridiculous amounts of prunes, fruit, veg and fibre... and it's still a struggle to go!
Anyway,the last two days I've been having very loose motions (which is quite a relief in comparison to the last 8 months!!). And I've had on-off mild period pains for the last week.
Could this be the start of labour? Was it similar for you? Or could I still have a bit of time? I still have so much to do to prepare for the baby... I hope it's not the start of anything.
I do have my hospital bag packed at least!

ConnortheMonkey Tue 09-Jun-15 21:09:54

Yep started things off for me!

trumpetmouse Wed 10-Jun-15 08:21:21

Cheers Connor.... well nothing started yet and a night of no period pains so at least that gives me some more time to get on with baby prep!

applecore0317 Wed 10-Jun-15 08:25:45

I got this a couple of weeks before labour started. Had also struggled with constipation throughout. Think it was her moving further down and changing position smile

MrsPopple29 Wed 10-Jun-15 08:49:11

I'm 38+4 and have also had this for a couple of weeks. It's a very welcome relief! Hoping it means things will kick off at some point but have had no other signs whatsoever, so it's looking doubtful...

lovelychops Wed 10-Jun-15 08:50:33

It was the only sign I had with my first. Good luck!

Hippymama1 Wed 10-Jun-15 13:13:56

I'm 36+6 and have been having this for the last week or so - it is a welcome relief after the constipation of the rest of my pregnancy! I think the baby has just moved and so is causing less of an obstruction... Happened to my friend too a week or two before she had her baby so maybe a sign things are on the move! smile

MissTwister Wed 10-Jun-15 13:55:32

I'm 33 weeks and this is happening to me - I hope it isn't labour!

Hippymama1 Wed 10-Jun-15 14:15:25

Misstwister I'm sure it isn't... I did have SOME breaks in constipation... Limited, but some! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now