Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

4 + 3 - no symptoms, getting worried

(9 Posts)
Eminado Tue 09-Jun-15 19:10:56

It's going to be a looooooooong wait for me until my scan. Sheesh.

I have no symptoms bar missed period and tiredness. But i have a toddler, i have been tired for 2 years!

Do u think all is ok? Last time I was feeling rough at this point. I am worried.

Indomitable Tue 09-Jun-15 19:17:23

4+3 surely means your period is only 3 days late. I don't think most actual symptoms kick in till about 6 weeks for most people.

At your stage I hadn't even realised I was pregnant. I'd barely started what became a ridiculous amount of bloat.

I don't think you've got anything to worry about.

sarkymare Tue 09-Jun-15 19:54:24

Although it's of course possible to have symptoms at this stage, i certainly wouldn't expect to have them for another week or so yet.

It's the hormone HCG that is responsible for early pregnancy symptoms. This hormone isn't created until implantation, which will have been around 3.5-4 weeks (ish). it starts in very small quantities and doubles only every 48-72hours so it can take a week or two for it to build high enough to create any noticeable symptoms.

Honestly you needn't worry. Congratulations by the way flowers

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Tue 09-Jun-15 19:56:36

I didn't have a single symptom until 6 weeks with either of mine (didn't know I was pregnant at 4 + 3 with either as I never tested until a week after my period was due!). How long ago did you take the test?

Eminado Tue 09-Jun-15 20:05:37

Hi thanks for kind replies!

Indomitable i am not sure why being only 3 days past expected period irks you? Surely you can test as son as you miss your period?

As i said above, at this time last pregnancy i was being sick so that is my most familiar point of reference. I also had sore boobs etc.

Anyway thank you all - i will try to relax. I got the positive test(s) on saturday and again today. Here's hoping.

coneywonder Tue 09-Jun-15 20:16:47

Hi I didn't get any symptoms until about 8 weeks so I wouldn't worry too much smile

Indomitable Tue 09-Jun-15 20:38:00

Sorry, didn't mean to be irky. 3 days after a missed period is just way too soon to expect symptoms for most people. I don't think it would be a worrying thing at all. A huge number of people wouldn't even know they were pregnant yet.

When I read the thread title I was expecting you to be 8 weeks+

However, I've heard there are women who not only don't have symptoms, at all, but also feel fabulous instead. Maybe this time you'll be one of those.

Congratulations flowers

GlitzAndGigglesx Tue 09-Jun-15 20:50:55

Mine all kicked in at around 7 weeks after me being smug about having no symptoms. With my first I wasn't sick until I was nearly 8 months gone so thought I got lucky this time around too

Eminado Tue 09-Jun-15 21:15:53

Maybe being hormonal and sensitive IS my symptom indomitable grin

Thank you all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now