Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Easy to put on baby slings

(12 Posts)
sarah00001 Tue 09-Jun-15 14:34:49

Hi, I'm looking for a sling for my baby, that's easy to put on and comfortable for her. I would ideally prefer one that you don't need to tie around you as knowing me I'll only get in a muddle, but would like one you just slip on. I don't mind paying a bit more for one, I'll be taking my baby everywhere with me.

Are there any recommendations?

Thanks, Sarah

AnythingNotEverything Tue 09-Jun-15 14:40:10

The NCT Close Caboo is easy and often recommended for new parents. It's a good introduction as they only about £40. It's in two pieces and you do tie the second bit, but it's pretty idiot proof m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/caboo-nct-close-parent-carrier-grey/p576128#page_loaded

You could visit your local sling library to try a few out, and you could hire one from the cheaply too. It's a brilliant service.

sebsmummy1 Tue 09-Jun-15 14:43:09

ergo?

ThedementedPenguin Tue 09-Jun-15 14:43:20

I second the caboo. I loved mine, quick to use as very easy to put on.

Once they outgrow that I would recommend the lillebaby carrier. It's buckles and super comfortable.

Newquay Tue 09-Jun-15 14:49:38

Ergo is brilliant

RumAppleGinger Tue 09-Jun-15 14:52:17

Another vote for the Close Caboo. DS has been in his since he was a couple of days old. Really simple to put on and very comfortable.

shitebag Tue 09-Jun-15 14:52:29

Are you near a sling library?

I trued a few before I found one I liked, the Ergo and Tula didn't suit us at all in the end we went with a Connecta which was fantastic until about 18 months when we tried out and really liked the Manduca smile

PotteringAlong Tue 09-Jun-15 14:53:55

Definitely agree with sling library - google sling library and your local area and you'll find your closest one. There's loads of different slings and it's definitely good to try before you buy.

NK5BM3 Tue 09-Jun-15 14:57:56

I loved my connecta. and so did my dd!! she was in it till at least 2 years old...

Roseybee10 Tue 09-Jun-15 15:35:26

Close caboo. I loved the moby but it was such a faff to put on. The caboo is the same idea but it's half done for you. I love mine.

sarah00001 Tue 09-Jun-15 16:10:55

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. After looking at all these online, I opted for the close caboo NCT and just ordered one. Doesn't look too difficult to put on. Thanks again x

AnythingNotEverything Tue 09-Jun-15 16:13:39

OP there are helpful videos on YouTube. Try with doll or teddy before you try with a newborngrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now