Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6wks & slight bleeding (TMI)

(6 Posts)
GoTheDistance Tue 09-Jun-15 12:25:54

Hi, after a couple of years of trying, DH & I finally found out last week we're expecting

For the last few days, I've been very constipated so have upped by fibre intake but as a result I have been stuck in the toilet this morning blush

When I wiped, there was some blood (sorry for tmi!) and it was definitely from the "front"

I'm not experiencing any cramping or anything but am now panicking that something's gone wrong...has anyone else experienced this and would you get a doctors appointment? Or am I just being silly?

bookgirl1982 Tue 09-Jun-15 13:28:42

I had exactly the same about a week after my BFP. Then a bit of spotting that evening and some brown stuff the next day. I felt that what will be will be, and so didn't go to the drs. Mentioned to the midwife at booking in a couple of weeks later and she said is it very common and that they only worry when you get cramping and heavier bleeding at the same time. If you are worried tho, always best to contact your GP or local early pregnancy unit at the hospital.

MrsSnow Tue 09-Jun-15 13:29:42

I was on holiday abroad at 5 weeks when I began to bleed red blood, followed by brown blood. When I spoke to my IVF clinic they suggested that red blood was something to worry about and that brown blood was just the womb expelling old blood. I had additional medication I was able to take because it was an iVF pregnancy.

I think it makes more sense to go to an EPU rather than see the GP.

Sorry I can't be more help but try not to panic (easier said than done).

bookgirl1982 Tue 09-Jun-15 13:29:48

Sorry, should have added that pregnancy vitamins made my digestion much worse and am better on folic acid and vitamin d. (And they are much smaller tablets so easier to swallow when you don't feel great!)

GoTheDistance Tue 09-Jun-15 15:17:04

Thank you, I've had no more bleeding and no cramps so I'm hoping that it's nothing to worry about and will mention it to my midwife at appointment.

I was thinking about changing my pregnancy vitamins as well...I've been taking the seven seas pregnancy tablets which are absolutely massive and not what you want when you're struggling to keep anything down! I've also struggled with digestion problems before when taking iron tablets so i think if I just make sure to take colic acid/vitamin D and make sure I eat all my greens then I should be getting all I need smile

Daffodil1210 Wed 10-Jun-15 18:46:37

I had a bit of blood (both red and brown!) one day every week for weeks 4-12 of my pregnancy. I had a couple of early scans which really put my mind at ease. They never discovered the cause of the bleeding but it stopped just before my 12 week scan, and I gave birth to my little boy 2.5 weeks ago (2 weeks early but otherwise perfect!)

Second PP's advice about going to EPU, although some do require referral via a GP (i was referred via A&E as first instance of bleeding occurred on a weekend!) but I think it differs by hospital.

Please try not to worry! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now