Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tell me about your most favourite maternity clothes so I can copy you!

(18 Posts)
u32ng Tue 09-Jun-15 10:23:00

I'm pregnant with dc2. Last time around I dressed very much with a 'this will do' attitude. So lots of cheap tops, 1 pair of work trousers & 2 pairs of maternity jeans was pretty much my wardrobe for 9 months. I wanted to scream by the end coz I was so bored of my drab & limited choices. The only thing I really loved was the jojo wrap top I bought in the last trimester.

I am determined this time around will be different! I will be stylish! I will not cheap out on everything!

So please tell me what clothes you've bought that you've loved so I can sneakily copy you and avoid 'bump frump'grin

Ilovenannyplum Tue 09-Jun-15 10:24:12

I loved new look maternity maxi dresses. I lived in them!

misscph1973 Tue 09-Jun-15 10:26:47

I had some lovely dusty blue maternity jeans in corduroy from H&M, great fit. I also had some nice tops from H&M. I bought it all second hand and I borrowed some from a friend.

ACatCalledFang Tue 09-Jun-15 10:52:12

My favourite clothes so far have been a couple of shorter dresses (New Look and Boden) worn over leggings, and a couple of work dresses from Seraphine and Jojo Maman Bebe. All bought second-hand from eBay! The Seraphine one is fab, really flattering, and the Jojo is a wrap dress.

I have found nearly all maternity dresses require a cami or something underneath - H and M do good, cheap ones.

Amyyy27 Tue 09-Jun-15 11:03:47

I have just bought a pair of grey jeans in the sale at mother care (I think blooming marvellous - or something like that!) They have a black over the bump band. I think they were reduced from about £30 something to £12.

I also love the maternity tights from H&M!

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Tue 09-Jun-15 11:09:33

I bought some long tops in fun prints from Anthropologie - they go great with maternity leggings/jeans and they aren't actually maternity tops so I can keep wearing them afterwards.

CityDweller Tue 09-Jun-15 11:14:40

Grey slim/skinny jeans from Vertbaudet (cheap, but I love them. Go up a size) [http://www.vertbaudet.co.uk/slim-fit-maternity-jeans-reg-30-grey-medium-wasched.htm?ProductId=018040121&FiltreCouleur=6444&t=1 here]]

Really surprisingly, a pair of straight-leg jeans from M&S that are amazingly comfy and fit like skinny jeans on me. True to size. here

An overpriced cardigan from Seraphine that goes with everything and looks great with a pop of colour underneath and is very flattering. (which I think they must have sold out of as I can't see it on the website - it's grey and white dots with 3/4 length sleeves and has three buttons under the boob)

Bue Tue 09-Jun-15 11:24:50

Jeans and chinos from H&M, black 'treggings' (hate that word) from IO, tops and dresses from Boob Design (Swedish nursing wear that doubles as maternity wear). I've spent quite a lot but refuse to spend my pregnancy looking and feeling frumpy!

HazleNutt Tue 09-Jun-15 11:32:58

I have a few maternity trousers, but mostly wear non-maternity dresses from Phase Eight and couple of other places. 35 weeks now and as long as they're stretchy and either with ruched waistline or wrap dresses, they work just fine.

Skiptonlass Tue 09-Jun-15 11:58:05

Couple of skater dresses from ASOS.
Posh frock from ASOS for a wedding this summer
Some h and m cropped jeans.
Seraphine frocks for work
Sticking with normal cardigans - I never wear them closed anyway
Non maternity tunics from white stuff - the ones that gather under the bust are great up to five months or so.
Boden maxi jersey dresses, the empire line ones - they come in petite too!
Lindex soft bras
Hot milk lingerie.

I think if you can afford it it's a great idea to get a few nice things. I'm short so the bump is going outwards only, and I just look daft in bigger sizes of regular clothes. I might treat myself to a couple of Isabelle Oliver frocks ;)

City dweller, are the vertbaudet jeans over bump?

Rudawakening Tue 09-Jun-15 13:29:31

I got a pair of wide leg elastic waist trousers from warehouse yesterday, they will do for work and home, should fit under the bump once it's bigger and have a drawstring so will hopefully stay up.

New look do maternity jeggings which I'll get a couple of pairs and then spend more on tops. I dont really wear dresses anyway.

Babygirlonherway Tue 09-Jun-15 14:51:54

I love my Seraphine dresses so much that I was genuinely wondering this morning if DH would notice if they became normal non-mat dresses...

misssmilla1 Tue 09-Jun-15 15:55:27

H&M maternity chinos
ASOS maternity leggings and tights
ASOS for smart tops / shirts for work
Couple of smart dresses
Pea in the Pod jeans
H&M for maternity t shirts.
Topshop skater dress and shirt

I've then layered the above with normal cardis or jackets.

I love ASOS; best range of maternity clothes (imo) from different brands, plus it has a wide range of prices and you get to try on at home. I find dealing with shop changing rooms a bloody nightmare atm!

cosmicglittergirl Tue 09-Jun-15 16:02:30

Seconding Seraphine. I got a couple off eBay and one new which I've worn not pregnant as it was so nice.

Jojo Maman have some nice dresses.

I like the Topshop 'skinny' jeans.

H n M good for tops too.

4hayters Tue 09-Jun-15 16:17:26

This is my fourth pregnancy and I went to matalan and got some vests £4 each. I'm 5ft 10 and they still come over my 32 week bump and stay. I love these with Jersey pencil skirts and maxi skirts. Great thing is all non maternity but stretchy so still fit. Also bought some topshop skinny jeans from eBay and seraphine jeans. Good accessories also make an outfit fab! Good luck

CityDweller Tue 09-Jun-15 16:43:50

Skipton yes, Vertbaudet ones are over the bump with a comfy (jersey) bump band. They stay up, haven't had to hoik them up once. Same with the M&S jeans I recommended.

daisydalrymple Tue 09-Jun-15 16:49:05

Isabella Oliver tops all the way for me. I had so many complinents. I had 3 summer vests, 3 s/s ruched side tops and a couple of long sleeve ones. Pricey, but they do have sales and you can pick them up on eBay too. Fab quality and they really wash and wear well.

Sheepoverthemoon Tue 09-Jun-15 17:28:38

I love my leggings from Next £12. I love Seraphine - maxi/evening dresses, knitted jumpers, jacket & my favourite item is my cashmere waterfall cardigan. Got some nice vest tops from Jojomamabene & M & S. Have fun shopping

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now