Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

HELP HELP HELP

(16 Posts)
HollyCA2015 Tue 09-Jun-15 07:29:03

I did a clearblue test and its come back pregnant and im 1-2 weeks.
What the hell do i do, im only 18 and my heads all over the place. I dont know what to do, how to tell my family. I feel so alone.

SecretSpy Tue 09-Jun-15 07:32:04

It must be very scary for you. Is your partner aware /is he a good guy?

Can you talk to your mum?

You have all your options open to you, don't feel rushed to make any big decisions.

HollyCA2015 Tue 09-Jun-15 07:34:45

Yeah he knows and hes fumly supportive whatever decion i make.
And my nan revently found out she had cancer so im so scared to tell my family, like is this what theh need at the minute. I dont know what to do x

Nabuma Tue 09-Jun-15 07:41:58

I was in a similar situation as you at 17. My dad had just been diagnosed with cancer when I discovered I was pregnant. It is still very early on, and no rushed decisions need to be made. You don't need to tell everyone straight away, is there a friend you can confide in?

lauraa4 Tue 09-Jun-15 07:44:52

Holly don't panic everything is going to be ok. You will be supported no matter what decision you choose. I would advise booking an appointment with your doctor to go through your options, and your partner need to sit down and discuss everything. I know it's scary but the worst thing to do is panic and get yourself in to a state. I've been in your situation before as I'm sure many ladies on here have, but you will be Ok flowers

HollyCA2015 Tue 09-Jun-15 07:51:53

Im scared people will be dissapointed in me. I dont want it to damage the relationship with me family.

TinyMonkey Tue 09-Jun-15 07:56:23

You don't have to tell them. I didn't when I got pregnant at 18. My mum did actually guess, but I'd already arranged to have my termination by then.

You'll get through this, but seek some independent balanced advice regarding your options first, it's your body and your future. I know it's hard to think rationally when the hormones are rampaging, but don't let anyone else talk you into anything you don't want to do.

Good luck.

RockerMummy184 Tue 09-Jun-15 08:04:11

I have been following your other threads Holly and from the things you have thought about, such as the financial and career implications of having a baby, you sound like a very sensible, level headed and mature young woman.
Whatever you decide to do will be the right decision, but I would second the appointment with your GP.
I'm sorry to hear about your nan. I went through the same thing a few years ago with mine, and it is heartbreaking, but maybe a new baby in the family would be a welcome distraction for your family at this time?
Good luck with whatever you decide. Sending big unmumsnetty hugs your way!

S2b16 Tue 09-Jun-15 08:10:55

My sister announced she was 14 weeks pregnant shortly after her 17th birthday, she had only been with the lad (who's double her age and no good for her) for 4 weeks beforehand and she admitted they tried for the baby!
Yes we were all disappointed in her, wanted more for her life but the whole family have rallied round to support her and she has everything she needs now for her arrival due July.
Your family may initially be disappointed but it will go and hopefully they'll all support you once you've made your decision. Also it might give your nan and family something positive to think about as cancer is awful and can take over the whole family. Good luck

HollyCA2015 Tue 09-Jun-15 08:23:53

I cant tell you how lovely it is to be able to talk
To you all. Im petrified but when i come on hear and read your comments i carm down and i feel like i have someone to talk to x

CandyAppleFudge Tue 09-Jun-15 08:24:36

I had my daughter 3 months after I turned 18, I was terrified of telling my parents. They were incredibly supportive.

chasingtherainbow Tue 09-Jun-15 08:25:37

Holly I've spotted a few of your threads now. I'm glad you've done a clearblue as I think you needed to see it in writing for yourself - but I understand you are scared.

My (now) husband and I fell pregnant when I was 18, just turning 19. Our circumstances are slightly different in that I'd left home as soon as possible, and so we'd settled down together already and it was a very much wanted pregnancy- but I was still very young none the less. You say your partner is supportive of whatever decision you come to and that's great news. You do have choices, so do give yourself time to go through them and a chance to breathe. The sooner the decision is made the better, but being so early you've plenty of time too. Don't rush you self. flowers

I have a beautiful dd now. She'll be four soon. I've never regretted it for a single second. I can admit that my life would be very different without her in terms of the direction of my career etc, but I'd never trade it. I've managed to carve a good vocation for myself, I earn well and dh has worked hard at moving up the ranks too. With good support there is no reason you can't do this if you want to

On the flip side my best friend from school got pregnant a year or so before I did and chose to terminate. She is a mum now, but will tell you though it saddens her she doesn't regret her decision.. it wasn't the right time. And I am in awe of her bravery.

Regardless of whether your family express dissapointment, you don't have to tell them if you choose to end the pregnancy. And if you decide to move forward I'm sure they will come around flowers

Best of luck.

HollyCA2015 Tue 09-Jun-15 10:19:01

Thank you all so much for messaging back. Im petrified how to tell my mom and dad. I dont want to say it face to face. I was going to write them a letter. Any help, so scared

chasingtherainbow Tue 09-Jun-15 10:26:47

Do it however you feel you can..if you want thier support its just best you do it no matter how flowers

chasingtherainbow Tue 09-Jun-15 10:27:02

Their. .

CuppaSarah Tue 09-Jun-15 18:53:59

Holly I'm so sorry you're going through such a confusing time. Please feel free to just talk here, no one is going to judge you. You do have options and there will be a lot of people on here who have faced those same options, so if you feel you want to discuss them go ahead. As others have said it would be really good to see your GP and discuss what your options are. Is there one you can see who you feel you would be able to talk to and trust?

Right now don't worry what people will think of you, that doesn't matter. Think about what you feel you want. There is no wrong option, only what you know is best for you and that will be what's right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now