Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just got a Big Fat Positive!!!!

(20 Posts)
vegangirl Mon 08-Jun-15 19:32:55

ARGH!!! OMG!!!!! Just got a BFP!!!!

Period was 4 days late (unusual for me); did some of those cheapy pregnancy tests even tho they're nearly out of date. All came back negative. Upgraded to a clear blue and WHAM.....bun in the oven!!!

Can't believe it. Just keep looking at the stick.

Now what? How do I hide my excitement from everyone?!

batfish Mon 08-Jun-15 19:50:15

Woohoo congratulations! It will be the hardest secret to keep ever! I was stupidly freaking out about potential risks so actually didn't want to tell anyone but then every now and again I would get a burst that I wanted to smile

MissMartin10 Mon 08-Jun-15 20:08:33

aww Congratulations! thanks thanks oh im crap at keeping secrets im 7. 5 weeks nd about it 20 people know at least! i can't contain my excitement oh well! im sure you will be alot better than me grin grin grin

vegangirl Mon 08-Jun-15 20:12:44

the way i figure is, tell the people who i would want to support me if something went wrong??

batfish Mon 08-Jun-15 20:17:01

Yeah that's a good way to see it vegangirl - telling people isn't going to make anything more or less likely to happen so telling people that you would feel ok telling if anything happened is a good idea. However I am sure that all will be fine and you won't need to untell anyone smile

vegangirl Mon 08-Jun-15 22:35:21

What's your story batfish?

MissMartin how you feeling at 7.5 weeks?! Is this baby 1?

Ladypug Tue 09-Jun-15 00:00:26

Congrats Vegan! :-)

batfish Tue 09-Jun-15 08:20:28

vegangirl I am 23 weeks now and all going well thank goodness - I am very lucky to have never experienced miscarriage but my best friend had 3 so I think I had her anxiety in the early stages! So I kind of ruined any potential excitement with all the worrying. But all still looking good - so I would say that you should get excited and tell those that you feel comfortable telling and enjoy the excitement because if anything is going to happen then it will happen regardless of whether you are excited or not so go for it and chances are that all will be fine smile

u32ng Tue 09-Jun-15 10:35:45

Yaaaay! Exciting! Congrats!

I'm 14 weeks with second now and still remember the thrill of getting that positive result (especially when we'd been trying for best part of a year!!!).

Like others say, it's such a hard secret to keep as you're just bursting with excitement. Most people wait until 12wks but that is an individual thing, not a hard and fast rule, so it's really up to you when you want to tell people.

Best of luck with your pregnancy!

vegangirl Wed 10-Jun-15 09:34:36

thanks everyone!

silly questions:
can i have a bath?!
do i have to stop wearing underwired bras?!

anything else i need to stop/start doing (other than no booze, take folic acid)

pinkie87 Wed 10-Jun-15 10:07:52

Congrats!!

You can have a bath, but it can't be too hot, just warm. It shouldn't be hot enough so that it makes your skin pink.

And no, you don't have to stop wearing underwired bras, just make sure (as you would if you weren't pregnant) that the wire isn't digging into any breast tissue.

Folic acid and vitamin D are what you should take, and you can book in to see a midwife, the booking appointment is usually at about 8 weeks.

vegangirl Thu 11-Jun-15 12:41:02

Had a lovely bath last night, thanks Pinkie!

Popped in to tell my lovely doctor that I'm pregnant; first IRL person I've told so was really emotional (I wanted to tell my other half face to face so that's tonight!!).

My doctor said I must not handle any cat litter OOPS didn't know this

Also booked in for an early scan as there's a history of twins on both sides of my family!!

Feels a lot more real now I have told someone :D

Happy Thursday x

BevJane84 Thu 11-Jun-15 12:45:45

We just got our BFP 2 days ago, so hard not to tell anyone! Trying not to tell my parents until I next see them in a few weeks (there up north and were down south). Just found out my friend has just got her BFP about 10 days before mine, so at least we have each other to keep secrets and talk about it smile

Roseybee10 Thu 11-Jun-15 20:09:53

Aw congratulations hon.
Don't keep it a secret if you want to tell people. It's something you should be excited about and proud of from the very beginning xx

BevJane84 Fri 12-Jun-15 11:10:28

Once I've told my parents i'll be letting my close friends know, just want them to hear it first smile

Sarah563 Fri 12-Jun-15 13:38:31

I just got my BFP. Have been trying for 10 months. Had a MC at only 6 weeks back in Dec. holding back the excitement until I get to 6 weeks. I'm 2 weeks past ovulation today so 4 weeks pregnant. grin

PostladyPat Fri 12-Jun-15 20:10:20

Hello - congrts ladies, I got my BFP today! Third and last baby!

Bosabosa Sat 13-Jun-15 08:52:53

Hello All, and congrats to vegan girl and Sarah!
This is my first post and I got my first ever BFP on Tuesday so am very excited but trying to keep calm as it is such early days! Very hard though! 10 months of trying, a diagnosis of a pituitary gland problem 2 months ago, took the meds and boom (as the man in the aerial advert says)!!

Is anyone else hot?! I am so warm which is so not like me. Congratulations to all of us.

Cheshirehello79 Sat 13-Jun-15 09:11:34

Congrats everyone - I know the feeling I'm 15 weeks now and I still remember I saw the test saying pregnant 2-3 weeks :-) wasn't even planned . Well I still kept my test in the baby's keep sake box ( just an idea:-)

Pugmumlondon Sat 13-Jun-15 10:15:56

Yay more new pregnancies. I'm just under 8 weeks and only found out a week ago. We've been trying for 3 months and as I have pcos and a history of awful periods we weren't expecting anything to happen so soon! A scare mid week but early scan has reassured. I'm so excited - I can't believe we have to wait another 4 weeks to tell people. I know it's safer though IMO. These 7 months are going to drag....

Congratulations all!!! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now