Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First Scan fears...

(5 Posts)
BecSarge1980 Mon 08-Jun-15 18:45:33

Hey there! New to all this forum stuff...and newly pregnant too. I'm about 10 weeks now and soooo desperate for first scan! At times feel very overwhelmed that there wont be anything there or that the literally billions of things that can go wrong will! I feel continually shattered, headachy and sore boobs....why does no-one tell you that it is a little more than 'sore' and more on the side of excruciating?! Can anyone relate?

Emma321q Mon 08-Jun-15 18:58:30

Definitely! I spent the weeks before my 12 week scan convinced that they wouldn't find a baby and that it was all in my head. I was so relieved to finally see him and hear his heartbeat!!

lemon101 Mon 08-Jun-15 19:04:32

It is horrible! I'd convinced myself by the day before the scan I'd had a silent miscarriage - had a meltdown at work (not letting on just being nuts!), and generally worked myself into a frenzy! Just remember chances are everything will be fine - and when you see the little bean squirming around it will be beyond awesome wink

Azquilith Mon 08-Jun-15 19:05:31

I'm ten weeks smile come over to the Jan thread on the antenatal board if you want some company.

FastWindow Mon 08-Jun-15 19:07:53

I too found mumsnet.com when very early pg with my first almost 6 years ago. The antenatal boards are awesome for support and 'daft' questions.

Be warned... Mn is addictive (but very handy when you are feeding your little one at 3am, lots of people to talk to!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now