Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

constantly feel dehydrated

(5 Posts)
orangemouth281 Mon 08-Jun-15 18:05:40

I'm 11 weeks and no matter how much water I drink I feel thirsty. I also think I am mistaking thirst for hunger and eating more than I need to. I have a horrible taste in my mouth that I can't get rid off. I don't remember feeling like this in my last pregnancy. Has anyone else had this and does it pass??

Chchchchangeabout Mon 08-Jun-15 18:09:42

I feel quite thirsty but am probably not drinking enough though. I would get checked for diabetes though just in case

bonzo77 Mon 08-Jun-15 18:19:54

Yup. Had identical at your stage. It does ease up, especially the foul taste.

Plantpot83 Mon 08-Jun-15 18:23:33

I went through phases of unquenchable thirst during the first trimester, literally drinking one glass of water after the next. My bloods/ urine etc results were all normal at the booking appointment so it want related to any underlying problem. Even now (26 weeks) I get more thirsty then I normally would and my tolerance for salty, processed foods and soups bizarrely has really gone down.

FlumptyDumpty Mon 08-Jun-15 18:56:44

I was like that during the first trimester and up until about half way through the second. I think it's because you're making a lot of blood and amniotic fluid. I got really bored of being permanently thirsty and having to drink all the time! It did ease up, but it's important not to get dehydrated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now