Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hospital bag- when to pack?

(11 Posts)
whittlefish Mon 08-Jun-15 12:58:48

Just that really, I'm 30 weeks and wondering if I should start getting stuff together for this? When did anyone else do there's is it still a bit early? Also is there anything I def need/ don't need?

WizardSong Mon 08-Jun-15 13:02:37

I think it's normally a month before but no harm starting it just now. I put it off with my first and I eventually did it 3 weeks before I was due and then ny waters broke 2 days later! Phew!

I took loads of stuff I didn't need but can't really remember what! Def massive maternity pads and breast pads and COMFY jammies/clothes! And baby wipes for yourself to freshen up if need be. And lots of change for vending machines/cafe just in case!

MissTwister Mon 08-Jun-15 13:03:19

I am 32 weeks, have about half of it and planning to have the other half finished in next week or so....

Mamabear14 Mon 08-Jun-15 14:19:14

I am 33 weeks today and finished most of it yesterday. I just need a nightie to labour in and not to forget my mascara and lipstick for after when my camera happy mil visits!

littleostrich Mon 08-Jun-15 14:40:45

My baby was born at 34 weeks and I hadn't even started packing a hospital bag. People rushed around to bring things in for me, so it was fine, but next time I'll get it sorted really early just in case!

JugglingLife Mon 08-Jun-15 14:43:01

My first DS arrived at 33 weeks, no bag packed and a transfer to a hospital miles away.......... Pack your bags! Good luck OP.

Betsyblue Mon 08-Jun-15 14:50:48

I put mine together at about 32 weeks last time because we were moving house at about 37 weeks and I wanted to be sure I knew where everything was in all of the boxes.

I'll prob do it about the same time this time as it makes me feel quite organised despite being anything but smile Plus I keep buying a few bits for it so may as well have it all in one place. A lot of people who had early babies have told me to get it sorted!

avocadotoast Mon 08-Jun-15 14:51:40

I did mine around 34 weeks I think. There were a few bits I chucked in just before we left for hospital but tried to do most of it well in advance!

Hippymama1 Mon 08-Jun-15 15:43:49

I did mine about 32 weeks as DH was panicking. Having said that, it took me a while to get all the stuff together as I am mot remotely organised so it was probably more like 34 weeks by the time it was actually done. Amazon Prime was brilliant!

Lunastarfish Mon 08-Jun-15 16:11:17

I'm 35 weeks now, I started packing it at 32 weeks. There are a few bits n pieces I can't pack until D day but I have a list on top of the bag detailing what is left in case DP has to call with it

Jackiebrambles Mon 08-Jun-15 16:24:15

I've just finished mine at 37 weeks! But I'm disorganised and this is my second (first arrived at 40+3 post sweep so no reason to suspect this baby is coming early!).

I think 35 weeks is a good time fora first timer but no harm in doing it earlier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now