Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Trying to conceive

(10 Posts)
Crystal042615 Sun 07-Jun-15 23:24:17

I have been trying to conceive for 3 years now I have recently got married on April 26th 2015 we have been trying and trying and nothing seems to work at all well my sister told me about the pre seed at first I was like yeah ok I'll try but if that don't work then I'm done trying my dream was to get married and have baby and have the family i always wanted and to give my mom her first grandchild. So I was taking ovulation test and when I ovulate i tell my husband well we are gonna have intercourse today and I injected the pre seed i waited the 15 minutes like it recommend. So I just wanna know how effective is this pre seed we really want a baby and we feel like we are failing

mummyneedinganswers Sun 07-Jun-15 23:31:59

Stressing isn't good for a start myself and my dp were trying for near 3 years and stressed constantly we both got were really busy in January/February due to a loss in family so didn't have time to stress about TTC and I found out in march I was pregnant and am now 14 weeks. I would say try what you want to have you seen your gp ? Had tests done ?

Nutellalover14 Mon 08-Jun-15 07:49:03

I tried all that, but like the other poster said stressing won't help. Easier said than done, i know. It took me and my partner 2 1/2 years to conceive. In the end i forgot we were trying, never done anything apart from note down when my period started and stopped. Guess i got fed up, and bam, i fell pregnant. I'll be 20 weeks gone on Wednesday. I still don't believe it, but do believe because i relaxed about it all thats why it happened. Oh and i just started going for Tests too when it all happened. So i would go to the GP, and do your best to relax. Good Luck. x

CakeInMyFace Mon 08-Jun-15 08:03:21

While stress doesn't help its generally not the cause of infertility unless its severe and prolonged. Do get checked out by your gp. I suffered with secondary infertility and it turned out my tubes were blocked. A simple hsg cleaned one of them enough for us to conceive the very next month and I'm now nearly 26 weeks. So there could be something underlying which is preventing you from getting pregnant. Good luck OP.

Crystal042615 Mon 08-Jun-15 09:32:01

thank u all for the responds I have an appointment with a doctor on Tuesday hopefully they will tell me something I'll keep everyone posted

Skiptonlass Mon 08-Jun-15 09:52:17

Don't only have sex when the ovulation tests say to!

Do it every other day.

Cherryblossomsinspring Mon 08-Jun-15 11:08:28

I think after 3 yrs, it's definitely time for a docs appointment. You need to be ovulating, dtd at the right time and then carrying the pregnancy. One or more if those things us going wrong so you need to get checked out.

Frankie72 Mon 08-Jun-15 18:45:04

Me and the hubs had been trying for well over 2 years! It was awful, went to the docs after a 8 months because I had only had 2 periods since coming of the pill and they did loads of tests... They kept saying it was one thing, making us wait and then deciding actually nope not that! Happened at least 5 times and only me pestering and being proactive we got some where useful! It's took them 2 years to even decide to test the hub! It has a happy ending thou... We were very active in questioning and pestering and they finally gave us chlomid. First cycle bang. Currently 5/6 week (still massively irregular so not sure at the mo) first docs tomorrow!! Of course it all could go wrong but got to stay hopeful!!

My advice is Defo be annoying and keep asking your gp and consultant if it comes to it!

Good luck x

Nottalotta Tue 09-Jun-15 09:14:15

Definitely don't only dtd on the days the ov test tells you to. We were trying for over two years, had pretty much given up and had started fertility investigations. No immediate problems with me or DH so given dates for further tests at a consultants appointment. 3 days later got bfp. I am 37 too so wasn't holding out much hope. That month we had dtd on days 8 + 10. That's all.

I do know though that DH 'goods' stayed inside until the next day..... Sorry if tmi but sure this made a difference!

Crystal042615 Tue 09-Jun-15 23:19:56

thank u guys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now