Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant whilst on the pill

(3 Posts)
Cate17 Sun 07-Jun-15 21:42:14

Hi there, new to the forums but really in need of some advice!

I have been taking the pill for 12 years, probably not as carefully as I should if Im honest. I ran 3 packs together, and a few weeks ago felt EXHAUSTED, cranky, sick, and my boobs felt huge and painful. I decided on Thursday, after weeks of worrying, to take a test and - bam, positive! Second test also positive and said I have conceived about 3 weeks ago. Bit of a shock but I am happy.

obviously immediately stopped taking my pill (microgynon, towards the end of the pack) and all seemed fine. 3 days later and I have started to bleed and cramp. Its brown and a bit stringy, and only when I wipe but its really freaking me out. Is this just my body being weird and reacting to stopping the pill? Or am I having a withdrawal period which is basically going to end this pregnancy?

If anyone has had a similar experience with getting pregnant on the pill please let me know. Im lying very still and hoping its all okay.

ColdCottage Sun 07-Jun-15 22:15:26

Congratulations.
I'm sorry you are worried. I'm sure its normal, but I would call your local maternity unit, there will be a midwife on duty who will be able to advise you.

Cate17 Tue 09-Jun-15 07:24:42

Hiya thank you for your reply
My bleeding has got much heavier, Ive been to A&E, and Im not really holding out much hope now. I have a scan at the EPU tomorrow so hopefully that will give me some answers. Keeping everything crossed that its all okay, though i dont know how I could bleed so much and anything survive sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now