Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Did anyone get pregnant without getting a BFP?

(6 Posts)
AndThisIsTrue Sun 07-Jun-15 18:07:15

Wasn't sure where to put this...
Did anyone on here get pregnant but never get a BFP? I have heard of it happening but I'm not sure if it's a bit of a myth or if it's actually possible.

coneywonder Sun 07-Jun-15 19:03:58

Well I suppose if you find out your expecting after the placenta has fully developed after about 12 weeks or so then you won't get a bfp cause hcg levels drop dramatically...I don't really know.

Why do you ask?

Chickenandpenguin Sun 07-Jun-15 19:58:48

I didn't get one until week 7 with dc2. Totally normal pregnancy etc just never got one in the first few weeks despite peeing on many sticks smile

Lariflete Sun 07-Jun-15 21:08:44

I would love to know! Have a thread in General Health because have a ton of pregnancy symptoms and no BFP and wanted to know what else it could be.

AndThisIsTrue Sun 07-Jun-15 22:29:37

Chicken did you go from no line one day to positive the next? I only ever got the faintest of faint lines with ds and not until I was 6 weeks. Am currently 2 weeks late for af and wondering if its possible to be pregnant and not have a bfp yet/at all.

Chickenandpenguin Mon 08-Jun-15 12:26:59

Yes I think so - think it was a faint line one dat which I figured as evap as took a while then a few days later got a proper line. At about 7 weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now