Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Did anyone get pregnant without getting a BFP?

(6 Posts)
AndThisIsTrue Sun 07-Jun-15 18:07:15

Wasn't sure where to put this...
Did anyone on here get pregnant but never get a BFP? I have heard of it happening but I'm not sure if it's a bit of a myth or if it's actually possible.

coneywonder Sun 07-Jun-15 19:03:58

Well I suppose if you find out your expecting after the placenta has fully developed after about 12 weeks or so then you won't get a bfp cause hcg levels drop dramatically...I don't really know.

Why do you ask?

Chickenandpenguin Sun 07-Jun-15 19:58:48

I didn't get one until week 7 with dc2. Totally normal pregnancy etc just never got one in the first few weeks despite peeing on many sticks smile

Lariflete Sun 07-Jun-15 21:08:44

I would love to know! Have a thread in General Health because have a ton of pregnancy symptoms and no BFP and wanted to know what else it could be.

AndThisIsTrue Sun 07-Jun-15 22:29:37

Chicken did you go from no line one day to positive the next? I only ever got the faintest of faint lines with ds and not until I was 6 weeks. Am currently 2 weeks late for af and wondering if its possible to be pregnant and not have a bfp yet/at all.

Chickenandpenguin Mon 08-Jun-15 12:26:59

Yes I think so - think it was a faint line one dat which I figured as evap as took a while then a few days later got a proper line. At about 7 weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now