Talk

Advanced search

Travelling whilst pregnant

(6 Posts)
newbiemum311 Sun 07-Jun-15 14:49:04

Hi,

This is my first post and I need help/advice. Every year I travel by coach on holiday as I'm scared of flying. The 24 hr journey time to Spain is definitely not up everyone's street but I don't mind it. However, if I were to go this year I'll have just turned 27 weeks pregnant on departure and 29 weeks pregnant on return. I know I'll be extra uncomfortable as I'll be heavily pregnant but I'm already 21 weeks now and have had a smooth pregnancy so far (think god) but I'm really worried about my chances of developing DVT. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? I would love to have my last hol as just me and my hubby before our little bundle arrives smile

Thanks x

tattyteddy Sun 07-Jun-15 16:33:29

I would worry about being increasingly uncomfortable and getting really swollen ankles? Will you be able to get up on the coach and move around regularly? X

newbiemum311 Sun 07-Jun-15 16:47:34

Hi tatty teddy, thanks for your reply. I thought my phone had accidentally deleted my post so I wrote it again and now there are 2 threads- sorry, I'm a beginner to mumsnet today smile yeah I'm worried about swollen ankles as I've never suffered with that before so don't know what to expect...the coach stops every 3 and a half hrs but worried that's not enough for dvt x

tattyteddy Sun 07-Jun-15 16:49:57

I was on a coach in Egypt and not even pregnant and my ankles a were bad! That was perhaps an 8 hour trip. X

newbiemum311 Sun 07-Jun-15 16:53:16

If you don't mind me asking- Do swollen ankles hurt? How long did it take for them to go down?

tattyteddy Sun 07-Jun-15 18:33:04

I can't remember to be honest, it's been a while! I remember when pregnant with DD1 I got them when I stood ironing for too long. I'm 19+6 today but haven't had the same prob this time x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now