Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else's labour start like this?

(14 Posts)
coneywonder Sun 07-Jun-15 12:17:37

Hi I'm only 35 +4 and have been having the odd twinge over the last few days but last night/this morning I was awake from 2 till 5 with cramping on and off that did lead me to the loo twice and I felt very nauseas. The cramps were that bad I had to pace a bit and breath through them. They were like tummy bug cramps that came and went in waves I didn't time them because at 5 they stopped and I managed to go back to sleep.

I take it they were strong braxton hicks? I haven't had them before I don't think so I don't know what they feel like but they were painful and I'm now I'm shit scared about actually going into labour hahaha.

Xx

MSMB Sun 07-Jun-15 21:06:32

I've had this since 37 weeks and thought at first it was slow labour but I've come to the conclusion I must just experience painful braxton hicks. I find drinking more before bed helps! X

bebo100 Sun 07-Jun-15 21:20:30

if they stop and start it usually braxton hicks. its when the contractions become regular you usually in labour. if worried though ring the maternity unit at your hospital….

coneywonder Sun 07-Jun-15 21:45:37

Yeah I have come to realise it was probably painful braxton hicks! Thanks for the replies and ill see how I get on tonight x

5YearsTime Sun 07-Jun-15 21:49:27

Mines did actually. The day before I went in to labour I was like this during the night, then the day I went in to labour I had this again from 2am. Didn't go in to labour properly until 8pm and then had baby at 1pm the next day. Ended up being awake for about 48 hours in the end, fun times!

coneywonder Sun 07-Jun-15 22:14:21

Oh goodness that sounds bloody lovely 5yearstime. Well we shall soon find out. Had nothing today but one cramps episode and feeling sick all day x

5YearsTime Sun 07-Jun-15 22:43:09

I had HG so always felt sick so can't say if that's connected!

Sounds lovely? You have clearly got to 'that stage' in the pregnancy!

coneywonder Mon 08-Jun-15 11:26:13

No I was bring sarcastic!

coneywonder Mon 08-Jun-15 11:26:35

*being

CookPassBabtrigde Mon 08-Jun-15 11:34:14

Braxton hicks were never painful IME though they got stronger and more frequent towards the end. But I did have several period type pains and twinges for several weeks before I actually went into labour.
I also had a lot of sickness in the last couple of weeks, this can happen even if your sickness tailed off after early pregngancy - it can come back with a vengeance!
Labour for me started with an upset tummy during the night and needing to go to the bathroom a few times during the night, it wasn't pleasant. Then the contractions started about 5am with a show. When it's happening for real, it's likely you'll just 'know' that this is it. But hopefully it'll hold off for a few more weeks! Good luck smile

coneywonder Mon 08-Jun-15 11:38:40

Thank you for your reply. I think it must be a bug because I've still got a very upset tummy. Boo hoo xx

CookPassBabtrigde Mon 08-Jun-15 11:46:38

Hmmm, well keep an eye on baby movements, any pains and if you get worried or feel like something's different or not right give your midwife or labour ward a ring. They won't mind to be safe than sorry, it could well be a bug which is shite - as if late pregnancy didn't have enough joys already!

CookPassBabtrigde Mon 08-Jun-15 11:47:46

* better to be safe than sorry!

coneywonder Mon 08-Jun-15 14:38:17

Baby is moving as normal. I hope I'm not one of these women who don't know they're in labour until the baby is in the loo! Haha. 3rd day now of feeling crappy x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now