Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How long after delivery did your nausea/vomiting disappear?

(12 Posts)
resipsa Sat 06-Jun-15 20:59:29

Just hoping for a ray of light. I started to feel ropey at 6 weeks, was in hospital by 8 weeks and have been plagued by nausea and vomiting ever since despite hoping for respite at 12 weeks, 16 weeks, 20 weeks etc. I'm now 32 weeks so in the home straight. Can I go into labour with optimism that, in spite of it all, I'll enjoy my next meal more than any other of 2015? Thanks smile.

madbunnygirl Sat 06-Jun-15 22:52:59

I was nauseous/sick all through my pregnancy - was sick a week before I finally gave birth, and had a massive throwing up session an hour or so after the big event - been fine ever since!

Good luck xx

Greenrememberedhills Sat 06-Jun-15 22:58:09

Sick in labour and fine as soon as birth was over.

SoMuchToBits Sat 06-Jun-15 23:01:25

I never vomited, but also felt nauseous from about 6 weeks until I gave birth. I really worried that it wouldn't go away after giving birth, but within hours of giving birth I felt so much better. smile

PterodactylTeaParty Sat 06-Jun-15 23:01:54

Baby born around noon, sickness suddenly gone the following morning. That stodgy hospital food was the best meal I have ever eaten smile

FortyFacedFuckers Sat 06-Jun-15 23:05:01

Still vomiting in labour completely fine as soon as he was born, sat down to a huge Christmas dinner a few hours after he was born and it was the best dinner ever grin

RosyfingeredDawn Sat 06-Jun-15 23:07:22

Almost immediately after she was born ( by emergency caesarean) nausea was gone.

RainbowFlutterby Sat 06-Jun-15 23:09:40

Went immediately, and I barfed the whole way through labour. Enjoy your dinner!

FlappertyFlippers Sat 06-Jun-15 23:10:41

I had hg with both pregnancies. Couple of hospital visits for iv fluids and was on 3 different anti emetics which just about kept it under control. Vomited during Labour. As soon as the baby was out the sickness had gone. Magical.

My favourite happiest memory of the day dd was born is not seeing her face for the first time, nor my dh and his fantastic support during Labour. Oh no, my bestest moment by far was when the Chinese takeaway was delivered to my room and I could actually EAT the food. All that glorious wonderful food. And actually feeling hungry enough to eat it. Without any sickness or nausea just from looking at it. Being able to be in the same room as all that odourous food and thinking it smelled delicious. It was pure bliss.

Dansak Sat 06-Jun-15 23:14:42

I was sick throughout, including labour and when I wasn't being sick, I was feeling it. It stopped immediately upon birth, god the relief!

Queenofknickers Sat 06-Jun-15 23:17:42

Sick all the way through (hg) and literally felt the nausea drain from me about 15 mins after he was born. Bliss!!!

resipsa Sat 06-Jun-15 23:26:17

Fantastic news! Just what I hoped to read. Thank you all grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now