Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scan at 5 weeks, anyone?

(10 Posts)
Drunkendonut Sat 06-Jun-15 20:50:06

So I have been having pain and bleeding when I wipe. It was more on one side so we were worried about an ectopic.
GP referred me to EPU where I had an examination - cervix was closed. Scan showed a small sac in the uterus.
Waiting on second lot of HCG tests and results tomorrow.
Anyone have any similar experiences. I'm preparing for the worst but I still feel very pregnant. I hate not knowing!

Newtobecomingamum Sat 06-Jun-15 21:48:19

Hi, at this stage the best way to be sure is by the HCG tests. The scan can't really tell much at this stage compared to the HCG tests. Must be awful not knowing. I hope everything goes ok for you xx

Tia2005 Sat 06-Jun-15 21:52:02

I had a scan at 5 weeks due to cramps no bleeding they saw a sac and said everything was ok the didn't do h g c levels everything was ok I'm now 24+4
Hope everything go's well for u x

MummyBexta Sat 06-Jun-15 23:47:39

I had bleeding and a scan at 5-6 weeks with sac visable. Returned two weeks later and there was baby and heartbeat. Im now 24 weeks.

OhEmGeee Sun 07-Jun-15 07:58:52

I had one at 5 weeks, only saw a sac, no fetal pole. Went back at 7 weeks to see a hb. He's now 3 (and watching cbeebies currently).

Good luck flowers

Drunkendonut Sun 07-Jun-15 17:42:54

Just updating.
HCG results were 168 on Friday and have dropped to 65 today so it's a miscarriage.
I'm absolutely fine, I shed my tears when it all started and now I'm just pleased I know..

MummyBexta Sun 07-Jun-15 18:36:06

So sorry to hear that Drunkendonut
Thoughts are with you xxx

Newtobecomingamum Sun 07-Jun-15 18:58:11

So sorry to hear this. I'm pleased that you at least know now and please be assured that this is extremely common. This has happened to me and I shortly after went on to have a successful pregnancy.

Sending you a big hug flowers x

Eminado Mon 08-Jun-15 07:56:14

I am very sorry Drunken flowers

Tia2005 Mon 08-Jun-15 22:37:46

flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now