Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hunger!!!

(6 Posts)
s098 Sat 06-Jun-15 20:20:08

I've just eaten a whole big bag of crisps and a pizza blush bf said the baby's going to look like a sumo wrestler!
Anyone else suffering from being extremely hungry??

K8eee Sat 06-Jun-15 20:50:06

I've got a friend whose 10 weeks ahead of me. food wise, my appetite has gone downhill. her on the other hand,she's got a HUGE appetite. as she said, she's going to eat what she wants when she wants which I totally get,but now it's resulted in her bmi making her classed as over weight, and she's under a consultant and having a gtt test. I know the test is common to have done I've got to as we have diabetes in my family, but it could've been avoided and now she beating herself up over it sad I don't want to tell her that it's down to her diet as I'm pretty much the only one who can sympathise with her pregnancy 'pains'

s098 Sat 06-Jun-15 20:57:29

Yeah I think going by the 'I'm pregnant so I can eat what I fancy' is pretty bad in the long run. I'm trying to stick to a reasonable diet but appetite comes and goes and I was really hungry!! Think its hard to explain to men about cravings and feeling sick etc.

ARV1981 Sun 07-Jun-15 08:49:07

I got this, ate loads and loads at the start of the 2nd trimester. I'm now 26 weeks and eating little and often as baby's pushed my stomach up and so I can't get as much in!

I tested positive to having glucose in my urine at my last midwife appointment. The midwife hasn't put me forward for the gtt test as I don't have the other indicators. But she has told me to lay off sugar... I've had cookie cravings, so this is tough. But I have definitely cut down to a more normal amount!

ARV1981 Sun 07-Jun-15 09:25:47

Sorry, meant to say, your appetite might calm down. But try to resist sugary stuff (hard, I know!)

Was called away... dh made me breakfast! He has his uses... lol

s098 Sun 07-Jun-15 09:48:21

OK thank you, I've not been wanting sugary stuff too much I don't think. But I am only in the first few weeks ( waiting for scam appointment to see what due date is as i have irregular periods so docs said its hard to go on) so just hoping I don't keep getting hungier lol!
Your lucky you got made breakfast my bf is in bed hungover and I'm up and off to walk the dog!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now