Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Exhaustion and work at 32 weeks

(9 Posts)
Nottalotta Sat 06-Jun-15 09:12:01

32 wks today. I was signed off by GP on Tuesday for two weeks due to stress. I had hoped i would feel better but I am just so exhausted. I'm not sleeping well and really having to slow down during the day.

Due back at work on 17th when I will have a month left at work on(plan to finish two weeks before EDD)

I really don't want to start maternity early.

Anyone else feel like this?

Newtobecomingamum Sat 06-Jun-15 09:42:56

Do you have any AL you could take.. Seriously it's better you have the rest now before baby arrives... Especially if you're so exhausted and even be signed off. If you can't take AL then I would take early maternity....

I learnt my lesson first time round and have booked a month AL before my due date. Means I can't take hardly any AL as it's all used for that but if rather have the rest before baby no 2 arrives!

X

Nottalotta Sat 06-Jun-15 11:36:07

Thanks, I do have AL but was hoping to use it when I return to work, at 2 days a week to ease me back in. I think i need to really try to take it easy til I go back - i wrote myself a big list of things to get done and have done barely any of it!

Newtobecomingamum Sat 06-Jun-15 12:25:15

Honestly, id take it easy... Trust me you need every single bit of energy for when you've had the baby! You will still accrue AL whilst your on mat leave so you could use that maybe after. I would rest, especially as you feel so exhausted.

DimpleHands Sat 06-Jun-15 12:25:45

You could get written off for a bit longer, then go back to work at 36 weeks for two weeks (so as not to start your maternity leave early by default)? If you are very stressed and exhausted, you are fully entitled to take time off sick. It will be much better for you and your baby. I remember feeling similar at your stage of pregnancy and wish I had taken my own advice!

Nottalotta Sat 06-Jun-15 13:25:03

I'd thought of that Dimple so might see if i can. I have felt very well in the second trimester but recently have been struggling, and feeling a bit pathetic for it. Though its not just me to think of and that is making me see things a bit differently. It took me over two weeks to bring myself to go to Drs. But I'm glad I did now.

MissTwister Sat 06-Jun-15 14:16:50

Just be aware if you're off sick due to pregnancy in last 4 weeks they can automatically start maternity leave whether you want to or not

Hope you feel better xxx

RandomMess Sat 06-Jun-15 14:19:34

Have they checked you for anaemia recently? Honestly it leaves you feeling utterly exhausted and unable to cope!

BlinkAndMiss Sat 06-Jun-15 14:31:20

OP, I felt the same and was signed off for a few weeks. The exhaustion didn't get any better and it led to high blood pressure and protein in my urine which is a sign of preeclampsia. I was signed off again with the intention of returning to work at 36 weeks but what I didn't realise was that my company work on a Sunday to Sunday basis, my day for changing weeks is a Friday and I was intending on going back to work on the Wednesday - my company disagreed and said in their eyes I was already 36 weeks and started my maternity leave. I'm furious about it, particularly because they didn't do anything to make my working conditions possible for me to continue in. So just a word of warning.

On the positive side I've been able to rest and the preeclampsia warnings have disappeared, I feel much better for it and I'm not dreading giving birth in an exhausted state. I really think that if you're struggling that much you should just start your maternity leave, or use AL if possible. It's not worth pushing yourself for the sake of a few weeks and the exhaustion is unlikely to just go away if you don't make some changes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now