Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Irritable uterus

(7 Posts)
cttontail Fri 05-Jun-15 20:37:00

Anyone else suffered from this?

I went into hospital yesterday because of increased foetal movements and turns out that it was because of mild but regular uterine contractions. I'm only 30 weeks. They were able to confirm that I am not going into labour (fibronectin test), but couldn't advise much more than rest. The only research that seems to have been done into this is from 1995 - the stats that everyone quotes about pre-term birth with irritable uterus are from this paper (rate of 18.7% vs 11.0%).

Has anyone found anything to help stop the contractions?

Has anyone had a successful birth/happy developed baby after this?

weelamb123 Fri 05-Jun-15 21:23:41

This sounds similar to my experience recently. I'm 33 weeks and had the fetal fibronectin test too, although mine came back a low POSITIVE. all u can do is put ur feet up and don't do much. As soon as I've over done it get the pains again. Xx

cttontail Sat 06-Jun-15 10:28:35

Weelamb, sorry this is happening to you too, but good to hear I'm not alone. Have you had to take mat leave early? Fingers crossed you get through at least the next week - it's better after 34 weeks, isn't it?

weelamb123 Sat 06-Jun-15 20:22:25

Thanks cttontail,
I'm fortunate enuf to be able to work from home so I can take it easy and keep to my planned maternity leave date which is less than 3 weeks! Had some pains yesterday bug think it was because I walked up to school to fetch ds. He's 9 & usually meets me half way home as the hills kill me! Hows things with u? X

cttontail Mon 08-Jun-15 18:37:45

I'm also trying to work from home a bit, butI think I will need to take mat leave a bit earlier than planned. I'm trying to rest more . I feel like my body really needs a lot of rest, but then I feel guilty for not doing anything. The chance of preterm labour stresses me out the most though - I think it's probably worth letting everything else go and focusing on keeping baby in there! Do you have any Mums nearby who could walk your DS home?

cttontail Wed 17-Jun-15 14:25:47

How are you doing Weelamb?

I'm finding the contractions increasingly difficult to cope with, but no dramas yet. At my scan this week baby was breech though. Joy!

weelamb123 Wed 17-Jun-15 15:32:45

Hi there
Yes, I'm fine. Working alot from home. Ds has been coming home himself so that has helped. How are you? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now