Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just can't get comfortable

(10 Posts)
Iloveonionchutney Fri 05-Jun-15 19:25:06

I'm only 22 weeks, this is going to be a long summer sad
If I'm standing my hip feels like it's going to give way as if there's pressure on a nerve, my back is aching all the time and when I sit down I can't get back up again! It wasn't like this the first time round.
Sorry about the moan but was looking forward to a nice evening cuddled up with dh and I can't keep still.

coffeetofunction Fri 05-Jun-15 19:29:20

Speak to your midwife. I remember that feeling well (sympathy coming your way) take care, take it easy when possible....& get a fan!!

Aquarius1 Fri 05-Jun-15 19:35:55

I had that about 23/24 wks but it seems to have subsided now (29 wks). I went to a group antenatal physio session that they offer here (Leeds) and there were some really useful tips for getting comfy & sitting posture etc - ask your MW if they do that where you are. Swimming has helped me too. Hope things get better for you.

ceebelle83 Fri 05-Jun-15 19:45:16

I had that in early 20's weeks, 29 weeks now. I found sleeping with a pillow under my bump and another between my thighs got me lined up properly so that I didn't hurt in the day...even better since I found a Dreamgenie pillow heavily discounted in tkmaxx!

It's not fun though sad hope you feel better x

Iloveonionchutney Fri 05-Jun-15 20:09:55

I think I'll ask about physio, I suffered with my hips before the pregnancy too so may well help. I love a soak in the bath but trying to get out isn't much fun lol.
I used pillows a lot last time towards the end, I really fancy a v shaped pillow, might have to treat myself! Poor dh is sleeping in the spare room all the time as I'm fidgeting too much for him!

OsMalleytheCat Fri 05-Jun-15 20:11:04

Go swimming I was in my local pool nearly every day of my last trimester the pool was nice and cool as well and I was due in sept to heavily pg all summer

Guyropes Fri 05-Jun-15 20:17:37

Aldi got v shaped pillows for six quid at the moment

lauraa4 Fri 05-Jun-15 20:40:53

I'm 24 weeks and am suffering from constant back pain too sad I'm also very restless at night. I did go to see a physio who helped with posture etc but she did say it's just one of those things! My midwife did say between 20-26 weeks you do go through quite a growth spurt though so I'm hoping I haven't got this for another 3 months!

weelamb123 Fri 05-Jun-15 21:19:16

Sympathy to you. I feel the same. I'm expecting dc2 and cant remember being this uncomfortable the first time round. I literally cant bend the slightest bit and getting out of bed for a pee during the night is an absolute nightmare xx

Iloveonionchutney Sat 06-Jun-15 09:31:48

Oh weelamb that sounds really bad, have you asked about spd, you sound much worse than me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now