Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

diarrhoea caused by BH ?

(7 Posts)
Bluepetra Fri 05-Jun-15 12:26:54

Keeping it brief so, I'm 23 weeks. Want to know if BH can cause diarrhea ? Last night I had what felt like contractions, ( had a baby before) they are similar to diarrhea cramps I know, as I also have IBS.
Anyway when I Googled Braxton Hicks it said they weren't painful and have no pattern. These were painful and had a consistent pattern, ending with diarrhea. Went on for an hour and went. So I'm wondering if prostaglandins are to blame ??
Anyone know or had similar experience ?

Bluepetra Fri 05-Jun-15 12:29:29

diarrhoea phone does not like that word.

Number3cometome Fri 05-Jun-15 12:35:40

No they don't cause it, but it's fairly normal in pregnancy to have an upset stomach.

Inpup Fri 05-Jun-15 12:45:23

Sounds like you had a mild tummy bug.

Bluepetra Fri 05-Jun-15 12:55:53

Didn't feel like a stomach bug though, and it was gone in an hour, and why the contractions ? They weren't bowel pain ones either. Feeling confused.

Number3cometome Fri 05-Jun-15 13:12:45

if you are unsure call your midwife, but if it has stopped, not sure what they will really do?

Bluepetra Fri 05-Jun-15 13:15:09

Just wondered if anyone had had similar really. But I'll phone and see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now