Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Been referred to the hospital for scan, how long?

(6 Posts)
Stinkylinky Fri 05-Jun-15 09:04:56

As the title says my midwife reffered me to the hospital for a growth scan yesterday (35+3 measuring 32), does anyone know roughly how long it will be until I get the scan?

She said they should contact me today but didn't say when I would be seen

aprilapril Fri 05-Jun-15 22:03:22

In my case the midwife booked the appointment for me at the hospital. It was fully booked and the first available day was after a week.

MissTwister Fri 05-Jun-15 22:15:39

I was seen the next day x

Topsy34 Fri 05-Jun-15 23:30:34

You are within 3cm, which is classed as normal, but lower percentile.

Hope all goes well x

Flutterby24 Sat 06-Jun-15 07:34:09

It depends on the hospital I have had 2 growth scans - both the following day. One for a 3 weeks behind bump and most recent was 4 weeks behind (38+4 measuring 34) . All fine
flowers I hope all is well too xx

Lonelylass1218 Sat 06-Jun-15 07:39:03

Am not sure how long it will take but I have measured many bumps myself and they are not always what they should be as its a silly method it's just to really give and idea. When I was 37 weeks my bump was 31 weeks shock then 2 days later it was 38 weeks. It depends on the midwife doing it, how full your bladder is and how baby is laying

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now