Talk

Advanced search

spots, spots and more spots

(18 Posts)
K8eee Thu 04-Jun-15 22:23:14

I'm pg with dc2 and my god my skin has been awful since the day I found out I was pg. I've changed the products I use, and for a week it seemed to help, but the last few days my face (mainly my chin and round my mouth) has been inundated with spots sad it seems that as soon as I get rid of one, another appears envy envy envy angry I'm using boots tea tree range, but it seems that nothing is helping. is anyone else suffering?

Steph1502 Thu 04-Jun-15 22:27:57

Yup.... Was the same with my last pregnancy too. Still waiting on this 'glow' (I think it's a big myth tbh) x

K8eee Thu 04-Jun-15 22:31:38

what sex was your first baby steph just out of interest? I've a feeling were having a boy this time, and this pg feels so different. I know each one is, but this feels like a boy smile ww find out Monday grin

S2b16 Fri 05-Jun-15 07:31:36

Funnily enough I was just going to comment are you having a boy? I have 2dd and never suffered with spots at all, never even as a teenager. Fell pregnant with this one, a boy and I've terrible spots on my face. They have got better since about 28 weeks (now 32) but nothing worked.
Will be interesting to see if it is hormonal depending on the sex x

WeePoppy Fri 05-Jun-15 10:00:06

I have been very spotty as well... I use the Simple Spotless Skin face wash followed by the Simple Rich Moisturiser and it does help. I still have spots, but not as many and not as big (as long as I keep using it). This is my first pregnancy so nothing to compare with, but I have gut feeling it's a boy wink .

AnythingNotEverything Fri 05-Jun-15 10:04:50

The only thing that seems to help here is to not wear make up every day. My skin has been better since I've been on maternity leave. I do think tea tree products helped a little though.

WeePoppy Fri 05-Jun-15 10:17:35

Forgot to say that I don't wear make up either (never do except for special nights out or weddings).

Steph1502 Fri 05-Jun-15 11:45:41

I'm on my 4th DD and every pregnancy has been completely different. Didn't get acne with first 2 at all. Please don't listen to old wives tales. Also, cravings have been different every time too

Steph1502 Fri 05-Jun-15 11:46:45

And I wasn't a spotty teenager either

pinkie87 Fri 05-Jun-15 12:19:56

My skin was positively awful up until about 22 weeks! Mainly around my mouth/chin area. I'm having a boy if you were interested. I cut down on how much make up I wore and just made sure I cleansed properly each day. It didn't seem to help much but it's much improved now (28 weeks).

goodnessgraciousgouda Fri 05-Jun-15 13:27:35

My skin is pretty dire at the moment as well.

I've been using clean and clear, and products marketed for teenagers.

All you can really do is wash twice a day and use a non comedogenic moisturiser.

So far pregnancy is not proving to be very glamorous....

K8eee Fri 05-Jun-15 19:36:32

I've totally cut down how much make up I'm applying on my face, I just hate that I can't stop them sad I wasn't a spotty teenager either. The only time I would get a spot was when my period was due. I just hope it all calms down. I don't fancy 9 months of shit skin.

GotTheKey Sat 06-Jun-15 20:53:46

I used to have good skin and only get maybe one spot a month before my period. Since being pregnant my whole forehead has been covered and they are so sore sad I wear make up every day but planning to stop wearing it at weekends to let my skin breathe. I treated myself to a load of Liz Earle skin care today so hope it helps confused

Bustherb Sun 07-Jun-15 08:58:40

I'm having a boy too grin I've been using clarins cleanser and toner (green bottle) and I haven't suffered at all with spots. I would highly recommend it! Sometimes debenhams do an offer if you buy them together as a set xx

FeelTheNoise Sun 07-Jun-15 09:06:34

Same here, although they have calmed down. I wasn't a spotty teen, and I've had more spots this year than in the rest of my life confused some of them have even turned into permanent marks on my face hmm

I've found that using light, natural products is best. I've got dry skin so I do tend to load my skin up with. Moisturiser, which doesn't help at all. The best product I've found to combat this is a skin tonic from waitrose basic range, as it contains aloe Vera and camomile, so it's not harsh at all and is very calming. I have never used toners before as they wreck my skin.

Blooming hormones angry

FeelTheNoise Sun 07-Jun-15 09:06:55

And yes, I'm having a boy too grin

AnythingNotEverything Sun 07-Jun-15 11:10:13

I'm not sure it's linked to gender. I had no spots with my first boy, lots with my first girl, and am inbetween this time with sex currently unknown. I had no spots as a teen either

Bloody hormones.

FeelTheNoise Sun 07-Jun-15 12:22:49

I had no spots when I was expecting DS1, and I was a teenager myself then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now