Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

C section & exercise...

(7 Posts)
Rebecca1608 Thu 04-Jun-15 12:55:44

I had my c-section last Friday and have had my 2 beautiful twin girls. I feel i have made a good recovery (so far) and I am eager to get back into my fitness. How long would you leave it before going back to the gym?

chloechloe Thu 04-Jun-15 13:55:18

It's best to ask your own doctor but I would say at least 6-8 weeks. I've just had my post-op check up after 8 weeks and the doctor said I can exercise but should still avoid lifting until 3 months. The dr in the hospital on the other hand said no running for 6 months whereas my own Dr is fine with it!

Hats off to you for even contemplating exercise with twins - impressed you can find the time!

Shootingstar2289 Thu 04-Jun-15 14:48:33

The reccomend wait is 6-8 weeks once you've had your check with the doctor.

I had a c-section with my son. I started walking to town and back after about a week or two. (Very long hilly walk)

Started exercising a bit more after 4 weeks. As I 'felt ok'

Only you know your body but I would say it's still a little early for you to start exercising smile

GymBum Thu 04-Jun-15 18:22:02

I went back after 4 weeks with consultant approval.. But I had a good recovery. I was driving at 2.5 weeks. Listen to your body and speak to your GP.

LostMySocks Thu 04-Jun-15 21:40:29

Were your insurance ok with driving so soon. Mine made me wait 6 weeks as it was a major op.

GymBum Thu 04-Jun-15 22:12:11

Hi Lost. Yes, most insurers will allow you to drive as long as you have been signed off by your GP as been able to complete an emergency stop. Most don't even require a written letter just verbal confirmation from the insurered. Obviously they would check with GP if you had an accident

Rebecca1608 Fri 05-Jun-15 12:30:28

Chloechloe my babies are in SCBU at the moment as they were delivered at 35 weeks and i spend most of my day/evening with them. I would like to do a bit of swimming or just an hour here and there at the gym just to have a bit of time for myself as it used to help me unwind.
Ye gymbum i'll wait and speak to my GP maybe next week onwards i'll get to go smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now