Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

28 week growth scan - normal?

(4 Posts)
FoylesForBooks Wed 03-Jun-15 21:03:04

Had 20 week scan today - all fine but they asked me to come back for a 28 week growth scan. I asked why as didn't have this with my previous two children and they said because I have high bmi. It is high, but was as high the last two times. What are they checking for? Is this normal?

MrsWildermac Wed 03-Jun-15 21:05:40

If you have a high BMI you're more susceptible to gestational diabetes which causes bigger babies. 28 weeks is normal to check for this. Expect a glucose tolerance test too.

FoylesForBooks Wed 03-Jun-15 21:16:57

I've had a GTT a few weeks ago - maybe they will do another one too.

Both previous children v big - dd born on due date was alb and ds born two weeks late was 10lb.

Am sure I didn't have extra scans last time though. Oh well -a ways nice to see the baby.

chipsbird Thu 16-Jul-15 17:53:31

Hi I'm going through the same thing I've got to go for a growth scan on Monday as baby girl is slightly below the bottom line on the chart although midwife said not concerned as she didn't feel small and everyone's telling me I look big (I've put on a stone so maybe that's why!hmm). Not sure what to expect

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now