Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Piles. Help!

(8 Posts)
Nottalotta Wed 03-Jun-15 16:41:55

Currently 31 + 4 and had a very small singular pile on and off since about wk 16. After the first day or two there was no pain, no problem, it was just there, pea sized.

2 days ago i thought i should maybe try to do something about it and applied 'germaloids'. Later on had a bit of a 'firm movement'. No straining though.

Well bloody hell the thing has grown, and hurts like a bastard! Its not as big as it feels but it really is painful. Bowel movements been regular, wiping hurts like the devil and isnt all that effective iyswim.

How do you clean yourself properly after going? What can i use that will work?

rebbles Wed 03-Jun-15 18:03:55

Only go at home and have a cold bottom shower afterwards! If they are that bad that is the only real solution and the cold water helps them a bit too.

bippityboppitypoo Wed 03-Jun-15 18:19:33

I don't think anything actually gets rid apart from a minor op.

Plenty of fibre n maybe wet wipes if tissue is hurting. Oh the joys.

Sleepyfergus Wed 03-Jun-15 18:23:15

Preperation H wipes

m.boots.com/h5/cat_hub?unCountry=uk&path=/en/Preparation-H-Soothing-Wipes-30-Wipes_32115/

Cooling and soothing, use instead of loo paper to clean after going to the loo. These helped me during pregnancy!!

Nottalotta Wed 03-Jun-15 19:41:46

Argh its really fecking sore! Will look for those wipes, and ask pharmacy as nothing is helping at the minute.

BowiesJumper Wed 03-Jun-15 19:54:39

Anusol is less sore than germaloids I have found! And yes use baby wipes or similar for wiping!

rebbles Wed 03-Jun-15 20:10:03

Ice cubes wrapped in kitchen roll will help for tonight. Hope you feel better soon I know how bad they can be x

Nottalotta Thu 04-Jun-15 05:03:54

Thanks. Am going to go to the pharmacy today. Ice cubes did help a bit. Tmi but its trying to wipe the lumpiness that's worst.

I only posted on someone else's thread a few days ago about how little it had been bothering Mr then out if nowhere this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now