Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Late BFP?? One week or more after AF due

(11 Posts)
Melteaser666 Wed 03-Jun-15 14:41:35

Just looking to see if anyone took longer to get a positive hpt than others
Anyone take tests and get BFN's after AF but get BFP after being a week late or more, especially if pretty certain on dates of O and AF due??

Cherryblossomsinspring Wed 03-Jun-15 15:02:12

I would have thought that is highly unlikely unless you have ov timing wrong. The luteal phase can only be so long and then you either have pregnancy hormones or you don't. But if you still have no af, either way it looks like ov has happened late, no?

lemon101 Wed 03-Jun-15 18:02:52

I ovulated very late and got a bfp 13 days after my missed period. I normally ovulate 8 days before due on but it got pushed forward due to stress and travel. I know that we conceived 2/3 days before I was due on! It does happen...

januarymum16 Wed 03-Jun-15 19:03:00

I was positive 1 week 4 days after period due (with frequent testing!) it is, I think possible to get negative results up to 6 weeks, but rare! (based on looking at normal range of HCG levels and sensitivity of various tests...)
I'm not going to be very surprised if at the 12 week scan they tell me I'm a couple of weeks earlier than I thought!

Melteaser666 Wed 03-Jun-15 22:07:44

Pretty sure of my O date as I use OPK's and BBT and have been chatting for 6 months on FF but 6 months prior too. I could be a day less so 17/18dpo, AF was due sat/sun and I spotted (only when wiping after been to the loo) on those days but nothing since. BFN's but plenty symptoms which I also know could be AF/hormone related.
Gonna test if no AF by sun as will technically be 1 week late! ��������

newbian Thu 04-Jun-15 09:56:47

I got a BFN the day after my period was due, and a BFP a week after it was due. But I had a feeling that I had ovulated late that month. At my first scan the pregnancy was dated a week behind where it would have been based on last menstrual period, which pretty much confirmed my suspicion.

So in short - I got a late BFP but it was caused by a late ovulation.

ImnotawitchImyourwife Thu 04-Jun-15 10:49:30

In my first pregnancy I didn't get a BFP until a full week after AF due (I'm never late) and a good two weeks after I started feeling symptoms. Very frustrating to keep getting BFNs when I KNEW they were wrong!

DS, now a strapping three year old, was due bang on the date I'd calculated, so it wasn't down to late ovulation. It does happen.

Trinpy Thu 04-Jun-15 10:51:40

Have you been temping since you ovulated?

weelamb123 Thu 04-Jun-15 12:13:18

I had a very strong positive 2 days after period was due, but I am like clockwork and just knew. Xx

Melteaser666 Thu 04-Jun-15 17:07:11

I'm 5 days late and yes I use OPK and BBT to monitor my O date so could be a 36 hour period difference.
Have symptoms but just "feel" different can't explain it.
Guess will have to wait it out and see what the next week holds, was just curious if others had late BFP's after AF due as most stories on these pages are before or in day of AF. Funny to think finding out later was the norm in my parents time, now we're all eager to get the answer!

Melteaser666 Sun 07-Jun-15 18:04:13

Just an update- still waiting for AF and still BFN! 21dpo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now