Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TMI but 25 weeks and suddenly needing to poo all the time!

(5 Posts)
CakeInMyFace Tue 02-Jun-15 15:33:56

Hi
Is this normal? The last few days I've been going loads - I get really strong cramps, need to run to the toilet. It's not soft, just normal but becomes really urgent quickly and this afternoon it's happened twice in the last half an hour.

This is completely not usual for me, is this just another symptom or should I be worried? I've heard lots of stories about this kind of thing being the onset of labour which terrifies me as I'm just coming up to 25 weeks so it's too early.

Any reassurance? Has anyone else had this at any point? Baby still moving loads...

ChucksAhoy Tue 02-Jun-15 16:57:03

Could just be normal but if you're worried speak to your midwife. My digestion has been all over the place since getting pg - including getting the sudden urge to go. Last week it woke me up at 3am - don't know if I've ever woken up with the urge for a nighttime poo before!

You hear a lot about constipation but being of can affect your digestion in other ways too - it just doesn't seem to get talked about as much!

Fatty12 Sun 07-Jun-15 12:53:57

Hi i'm 22+4 and experienced exactly the same.. was going to ring doctors tommorow..

NatalieBee Sun 07-Jun-15 13:12:44

I'm 28 weeks and have had this for a few weeks, midwife wasn't concerned! I think your just so used to hearing about constipation when pregnant it's a shock when it's the other way smile

Patienceisapparentlyavirtue Mon 08-Jun-15 06:42:55

My second pregnancy has been like this since about 20 weeks - last time around I was horribly constipated up right before giving birth, so at the beginning I kept getting terrified it was early labour.

My mw said it's less common but not uncommon. The other thing is to keep an eye on your diet - for me it was also exacerbated by my rubbish nausea- based pregnancy diet...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now