Talk

Advanced search

Baby gender theories.. Are they right?!

(10 Posts)
Beckahjane Sat 30-May-15 12:29:12

I've been for my scan and I was 12+6, im 15wks today and I'm eager to find out what I am having! Well, who isn't?!
I've got a little boy already whose 3.5yrs old smile
I've been looking over the theories, like scull theory, nub theory, chinese calendar etc. do they work? Has anyone had a correct result with these
And what would you guess my unborn babies sex is?
I find out July 9th.. So excited!

Wishful80smontage Sat 30-May-15 12:36:17

I was expecting as the same time as two ladies from my office and one of the guy's wife - we worked out the predicted genders using the Chinese calendar and it was correct for us all!
I was convinced I was having a girl last time and it rightly predicted dd would be a girl- this time I'm sure its a boy and the Calendar predicts boy but only 11 weeks so will have to see if its right! smile

newbian Sat 30-May-15 12:39:09

Mine all predicted boy but we're having a girl!

Skiptonlass Sat 30-May-15 12:40:24

I think all the methods have a roughly 50% success rate ;)

TakesTwoToTango Sat 30-May-15 12:40:39

The only thing I can say categorically about my experience is when I'm carrying a girl my leg hair growth slows right down so I hardly have to shave, when I'm expecting a boy there's either no impact or if anything hair growth increases. No idea if that's just me or if others experience the same.

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Sat 30-May-15 12:42:16

About half of the gender predictor things suggest I'm carrying a girl and the other half say im carrying a boy smile

MummyPiggy87 Sat 30-May-15 12:43:55

It will be 50% success rate because it's out of two and its 50/50 lol

Beckahjane Sat 30-May-15 13:14:22

I'm certain im having boy.
Don't think we would be so lucky to get a girl! Lol.
Chinese calender predicted girl and all but 2 people have told me its a girl.
So god knows what to think..
I know there's a 50/50 chance but wordered if there's more people that have experienced the result to be correct more than incorrect x

MrsGentlyBenevolent Sat 30-May-15 13:40:08

The nub on my first scan is very straight, that suggested 'girl'.

Chinese calander said 'girl'

Old wives tales said 'boy' due to excess hairyness and craving salty food.

Most people in my 'real life' circle predicted 'boy', as was my personal 'feeling'.

According to my 20 weeks scan, it's a boy! Of course, being only a 50/50 guess, it's not difficult to be 'right or wrong', but just a bit of fun.

Roseotto Sat 30-May-15 18:45:10

They at all rubbish except for the nub which is based in fact - but the person analysing the scan needs to know what they are doing (ie a trained sonographer) for it to be reliable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now