Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

early miscarriage? ?

(17 Posts)
Sakura03 Fri 29-May-15 09:08:46

Had a BFP on Sunday morning saying 1-2 weeks pregnant, my first ever, we eere over the moon! Then yesterday morning I had a bit of pink discharge, initially I wasnt too worried. We were flying off on holiday (not the greatest timing) and througout the day it turned into a proper bleed with very painful cramping and lower back pain. Today I'm still bleeding, pain wise I'm not too bad just a bit uncomfortable kind of like my normal period discomfort. I guess it means I've had a miscarriage?

coneywonder Fri 29-May-15 09:21:38

Depends how bad the bleed was? I bled when I was about 5 weeks pregnant and an early scan showed everything was fine. Also the only way I knew I was pregnant at first was the sign of period cramps but with no period. I wouldn't lose hope, are up on holiday now? Is there anyway you can see a doctor? if not I'd try and relax as much as possible and do another test in a few days?

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Fri 29-May-15 09:22:23

It's very possible, sorry flowers

Sakura03 Fri 29-May-15 10:05:02

Thanks for your quick replies. I'm not bleeding more than a normal period but the pain is far worse! Tbh I could have done with some pain relief. We're on a beach holiday in Turkey so I can take it easy but I guess it makes sense to take another test when back in the UK next week

sebsmummy1 Fri 29-May-15 10:11:24

It does sound like it could be a chemical, sorry sad. Definitely test again and see if the test is still positive.

I had a very long drawn out chemical last May. Didn't test positive until after id had my period, I thought my discharge was very odd for cd6/7. The line stayed faint throughout, HCG never got beyond 200, and on time for my next period I then bled for two weeks.

My theory is that I had a late implanter that couldn't release enough pregnancy hormone before AF arrived and then my period didn't wash everything away meaning the tissue left continued to make my body think I was pregnant.

It was very very annoying but a few months later I was back TTC again. So sorry you have this worry xx

Sakura03 Fri 29-May-15 12:44:13

sebs thanks for your input. Didnt even think about the possibility of a chemical, going to read up on it as a bit clueless��

Sakura03 Sat 30-May-15 07:30:12

So I read up on a chemical and understands that it's the same as an early miscarriage. I worked out that I was approx 5+2. Still bleeding but I think it is easing off, no pain today! Now just want to enjoy my holiday and then take another test when back home on Friday.

frozenfairy123 Sat 30-May-15 08:19:34

Honestly bleeding or cramping can still be ok in early pregnancy but both together is usually a very clear sign. I'm sorry honey! Hope I'm wrong x

sizethree Sat 30-May-15 10:00:12

I'm so sorry, it does sound like a early miscarriage.
Just to add in a practical note, if you are miscarrying you're advised not to use tampons as the cervix will be open and they can cause infection. You saud you're on holiday so I appreciate that sanitary towels are not great in sunshine and holiday outfits. Do you have your EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) with you? As you can visit a doctor abroad with that.
I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Beckahjane Sat 30-May-15 12:13:20

Sounds very similar to what I experienced at 16days late. I was told it was a chemical miscarriage!
I hope it isn't that as it is so hard!! And good luck with everything! Id consider seeing the GP when you get back regardless of a positive or negative result x

Beckahjane Sat 30-May-15 12:16:23

I continued to experience a 'pregnancy' for another 4wks after. But I conveived with my current pregnancy a month and a half after miscarriage. And I'm now 15wks.
So there is also hope smile xx

OhEmGeee Sat 30-May-15 15:53:00

It does sound like a mc, I'm sorry. However you should go see your GP when you get back, if it is then it's important it's on your medical records for the future.

Sakura03 Sat 30-May-15 19:37:44

Thank you all so much for your messages, I really appreciate you taking time to write to me.sizethree thank you for the advice - I changed back to sanitary towels as soon as I read your message this afternoon and haven't been in the pool or sea yetsad...

Sakura03 Fri 05-Jun-15 21:40:21

Returned from holiday last night and although I already knew that I had miscarriaged I did a hpt this morning which confirmed it. Really want to stay positive!

coneywonder Fri 05-Jun-15 21:52:05

Oh I'm so sorry sad

sizethree Fri 05-Jun-15 21:55:51

I'm so sorry. It really is one of the saddest things to go through.
Take time to recover rmotionally as well as phsically and find comfort in the fact that having one miscarriage doesn't affect yiur chances of having future sucessful pregnancies.
Big hugs.

Sakura03 Sat 06-Jun-15 14:00:26

Thank you coneywonder and sizethree - I'll focus on getting fitter and healthier and we'll soon be ttc again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now