Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

OMG freaking out big time !

(46 Posts)
excitedmummy25 Thu 28-May-15 21:27:23

So hubby and I are out at frankie and bennies for a romantic meal ..... We order and I specify no mayo! I get my chicken and pitta am happily chomping through and then realise there is mayo! I also now know that it is freshly made so I have consumed a little bit possibly a dinner spoons worth.... near tears here ! X

gatlinout Thu 28-May-15 21:29:00

You will be fine, even if it was fresh mayo the risk would be infintesimally small.

Also - fresh mayo in Frankie and Benny's? Really?? I thought everything came out of a packet there

Newtobecomingamum Thu 28-May-15 21:30:17

Hi,

Did they confirm it was freshly made or you think it was freshly made?

Either way, I'm not an expert but I'm sure that small amount can't be that harmful! I'm sure other people will say the same. Please try not to worry too much flowers x

Koalafications Thu 28-May-15 21:30:27

Firstly, a bit of Mayo is not going to harm your baby.

Secondly, do you honestly think that the Mayo in F&B is going to be freshly made?

Newtobecomingamum Thu 28-May-15 21:31:20

Gatlinout - that's what I thought!! Every pub and that type of restaurant I have been in I always ask and it's never freshly made X

HazleNutt Thu 28-May-15 21:31:41

UK hens are vaccinated against salmonella, it's not risky to eat undercooked or even raw eggs. www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2010/mar/03/pregnancy-salmonella-eggs

NerrSnerr Thu 28-May-15 21:33:45

I can't believe that F&B's mayo is freshly made. I used to work in a similar restaurant and nothing was freshly made!

Ilovenannyplum Thu 28-May-15 21:34:09

Are you not supposed to eat mayo when you're pregnant?? I did, lots

excitedmummy25 Thu 28-May-15 21:37:18

Hi guys they have just sent me this message
Hi, our mayonnaise is pasteurised and it contains whole egg. Thanks F&B Johny

GlitteringJasper Thu 28-May-15 21:39:32

Ok, I have two children and I genuinely have no idea why you are freaking out! confused

don't like mayo though so maybe that's why

SaulGood Thu 28-May-15 21:41:51

Are you usually this anxious?

excitedmummy25 Thu 28-May-15 21:42:39

No ..

Justusemyname Thu 28-May-15 21:43:29

Your baby will be fine!

ConnortheMonkey Thu 28-May-15 21:47:57

Well pasteurised is fine but even if it was with raw egg the risk of harm your baby is probably a thousand times greater every time you cross the road or get in a car.

Steph1502 Thu 28-May-15 21:49:05

I ordered mashed potato once in frankie and bennys and it was instant smash... I highly doubt it was fresh. Plus... Don't go too mental about what you're eating. When I had my first I wasn't allowed to eat prawns or Philadelphia cheese. Now I can eat both.... The rules change ALL the time. How the world became so populated before all these rules I'll never know....

Steph1502 Thu 28-May-15 21:50:28

Someone also told me that I wasn't allowed McDonald's ice cream.... Hell no!!!! Hope ur feeling ok now xx

Singsongsung Thu 28-May-15 21:53:30

Breathe and calm down! Stress is probably more harmful for your baby than a few mouthfuls of mayo! It will be fine!

coneywonder Thu 28-May-15 22:16:38

I eat mayo all the time!!!!

MrsNextDoor Thu 28-May-15 22:19:28

OP you will be OK. I ate pate and sushi when pregnant. The chances of it being off are tiny. That's the only reason you're meant to avoid it. It doesn't instantly affect you you know. flowers

CatOfTheWoods Thu 28-May-15 22:29:55

Oh OP I was exactly like you. I can remember at least three times I freaked out and was in tears because of things I'd eaten in cafes. One time it was steak cooked rare and I wasn't thinking and ate it - I woke poor DP up all night sobbing "The steak... the STEAK... !" The hormones don't help - any worry gets magnified.

But anyway in this case it was pasteurised, you are fine!

Emus Thu 28-May-15 22:39:58

Oh whoops, I'm currently expecting DC2 and I've been eating Mayo all the way through as I have done with DC1! I'm sure everything will be ok x

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Thu 28-May-15 22:44:29

Dear me OP...nearly in tears over mayonaise? Maybe you need to speak to someone? I'm not being nasty honestly but that is completely OTT you can't go on like this

Caterina99 Thu 28-May-15 23:14:09

Still laughing at the thought of freshly made mayonnaise in F&Bs! I doubt the mayonnaise there has ever even seen an egg!

Novia Thu 28-May-15 23:18:28

Probably far more risk from the chicken in a F&B than the mass-produced mayonnaise! It definitely won't be a problem.

WinterOfOurDiscountTents15 Thu 28-May-15 23:24:57

Where have people picked up this bizarre idea that mayonaise is fatal to foetus'?
I'm bemused. What do you think the mayo will do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now