Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

scan at 6 weeks, measuring 5 weeks, 2 weeks or torture before follow up and symptoms have gone. Is there a hope of a happy outcome?

(8 Posts)
Pleasenotagain Thu 28-May-15 17:25:08

Hi

I had some pink discharge on Tuesday and my GP sent me to EPU for a scan yesterday. I thought I was about 6 weeks but have very irregular cycles. Scan measured me at 5 weeks and sac and yolk seen. Too early for heartbeat.

I have to wait 2 weeks for a follow up scan to see if pregnancy is progressing but now my pregnancy symptoms have gone. My breasts have been so sore and swollen but today they've shrunk and hardly hurt at all. I have some mild cramps but no spotting or bleeding.

I'm so upset as I had a miscarriage last year. Any positive stories from ladies that have been through similar?

Thanks

lauraa4 Thu 28-May-15 17:39:53

I had an early scan at EPU due to cramping and pain only on one side. I was 7 weeks when they scanned me so was able to see a heartbeat.

However my pregnancy symptoms would disappear and then come back again so I wouldn't consider this to be signs of anything bad smile

I know it's scary when you've had a miscarriage before but they kept telling me every pregnancy is different and there's no reason why this one will be the same as the last.

It is a horrible wait I do agree with you on that. I remember my fears between my early scan to the 12 week one, and then from the 12 week one to the 20 week one. You never stop worrying lol!

CuppaSarah Thu 28-May-15 18:32:11

I went for a 12 week scan and was just under 6 weeks with my dd. All was fine, just down to my irregular periods. If your periods are irregular there is absolutely no reason to suspect the worst(so much easier said than done I know) these two weeks will be so tough. In the first few weeks in found symptoms coming and going, 5 weeks is still early to have symptoms. Most people they kick in at 6 weeks. flowers I hope this horrible two weeks goes nice and fast for you.

Blackandwhitecat3 Thu 28-May-15 21:43:50

Hello, I also had a scan at 6 weeks which they measured to be 5 weeks. At that stage the baby is so small they can't measure it accurately. Scan at 7 weeks measured to be 7 weeks.

Proper nausea also kicked in at 7 weeks but I still have days with no symptoms.

Cramps are a good sign! Good luck

Pleasenotagain Thu 28-May-15 22:18:44

Thank you ladies for your replies.

I wish I could just sleep until 10th June!

scarednoob Fri 29-May-15 07:46:21

If it helps to hear a positive story, I was told at our early private scan that the baby was too small and either I'd ovulated late or wasn't growing. The sonographer said bluntly that she gave us"50/50". Thank goodness it was fine and the tiny bean has now grown into a 21 week carrot that has just started booting me.

The waiting was awful so I have much sympathy for you. I can't suggest anything more than taking your mind off it as much as possible - you can't control the outcome (which is partly what makes some of pregnancy so hard I think!) but you can control looking after yourself. Warm (not hot) scented baths, manicures, romantic or comedy films, whatever spoils you. Lots and lots of luck.

sandgrown Fri 29-May-15 07:49:00

Fingers crossed for you x

Cherryblossomsinspring Fri 29-May-15 12:09:33

Right now you have nothing to indicate bad news. So for now, all us as it should be. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now