Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anxiety hell

(5 Posts)
BrownEyedGirl32 Wed 27-May-15 09:30:24

Hi everyone,

Need a bit of hand holding please.

I'm currently 15wks pregnant with my 2nd child and over the last week have developed bad anxiety. I have a constant nervous feeling in my stomach and have been sleeping very little. My scan last week went well and the Down's test came back low risk. I can't understand why I'm so anxious. I'm worried something will go wrong ( had a stillbirth at 27wks and a miscarriage previously). I'm worried if I have the baby that I won't be able to cope with two. Even starting to think it would be better if something did go wrong. I hate feeling like this. I really wanted a second child and hope that my anxiety will ease off soon so I can enjoy my pregnancy.

Sorry, starting to rant on a bit but wondered if there is any advice anyone can give me. Thanks in advance.

Flambola Wed 27-May-15 10:01:25

Hi,

Your anxiety is understandable considering your history. Have you spoken to your GP or midwife regarding your concerns? I had a stillbirth last year and am currently pregnant but taking citalopram to help deal with my anxiety and depression, which has been ok'd by my consultant. I'm also seeing a mental health midwife.

If you would like to, you can go on the antenatal clubs page, where there is an 'Angel and Rainbows' thread, for women like us who are pregnant after a stillbirth. You'll find that a few of us are all in the same boat and not feeling too excited at the moment.

sianihedgehog Wed 27-May-15 10:04:14

Three cheers for the magic of pregnancy hormones, eh? I've been suffering with the same thing. Please do tell your doctor and midwife. They can refer you to get help with the anxiety.

BrownEyedGirl32 Wed 27-May-15 16:57:19

Thanks very much for your replies. I think it's a mixture of the hormones and past losses. Plenty other people have 2 children and survive! Also my past losses mean it's only human nature that I'll worry more. Getting an earlier scan at 18wks so that will help reassure me. Also midwife next week do will speak to her then. Pregnancy doesn't seem to agree with me but the end result is worth it.

Sorry for your loss Flambola and good luck with this preganancysmile

MissTwister Wed 27-May-15 19:14:07

I am suffering pregnancy anxiety and I haven't experienced what you have. Its an anxious time and hormones send us wild. If you're not sleeping that will make everything worse - I'd second speaking to your MW and getting a mental health midwife to help xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now