Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Getting over tonsillitis and 5 weeks pregnant - what to do about work

(5 Posts)
pearly1980 Tue 26-May-15 20:44:46

Hi

Crap timing but been really ill since Sat with tonsillitis, and nearly fainted at Drs. Only when Dr asked if chance pregnant (when writing prescription) did I remember I needed to do a test as we were trying and my p was due... so turns out we're expecting our 2nd child.

Can't get excited yet as feeling awful, the tonsillitis is terrible and although the pain in throat has gone I still ache all over, generally exhausted (strong antibiotics) and of course pregnancy symptoms kicking in with nausea and tiredness.

Trouble is it is a manic time at work and feel so guilty not being there. Today I tried to work from home as said still recovering but feeling so awful and don't think I can go in rest of this week.

Do I tell my boss I'm pregnant even so early? Don't want to but worry if I say tonsillitis not improving it sounds feeble after I managed some work today?

What would you do?
Thanks in advance
Pearly

Fattycow Tue 26-May-15 20:57:33

Ask for a doctors note saying you really aren't fit to work at the moment.

pearly1980 Tue 26-May-15 21:56:25

thanks

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Tue 26-May-15 22:17:52

For goodness sake, don't go to work! Get a sick note and make sure that it's for a decent period of time. I was down with stomach 'flu early in my pregnancy and went back to work after two days even though I knew I wasn't really better. Within the week I came down with a throat infection followed by an ear infection followed by weeks of dizzy spells. I worried myself half to death and ended up taking two weeks off sick! I should never have gone back to work so run down nor kept going in when I was ill - it didn't do anyone any good in the end! Take care of yourself and the baby - everyone else can look after themselves!! Feel better!

pearly1980 Wed 27-May-15 10:50:30

Thanks for listening to my moans - felt really ill this morning too so now been signed off and antibiotics increased. Feeling relievedsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now