Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scan date likely to be less; do I need to point out to sonographer?

(5 Posts)
toohardtothinkofaname Mon 25-May-15 17:55:32

LMP puts me at 11+4 tomorrow & I have my scan. However we were TTC & I think I'm 8wks today.

Should I mention to sonogropher in case they think development has stopped or would they automatically know?

Also, if I am less & turn out to be 8wk, is it likely I'll have to go for a 'proper' 12wk scan in a few weeks?

WinterOfOurDiscountTents15 Mon 25-May-15 17:57:02

It will be fairly obvious in the scan if you are 11 weeks or 8 weeks. You can mention it of course but they will know what they are looking at.

applecore0317 Mon 25-May-15 18:19:58

They will know how far along you are, if you are 8 weeks they will book you in for another scan at 12 weeks for nuchal screening etc

toohardtothinkofaname Mon 25-May-15 18:27:42

Thanks applecore

Was worried they'd just think development had stopped rather than me being early on.

oneyorkshirepud Mon 25-May-15 19:49:24

I heard from another poster that you should point it out, she was really worried as the sonographer did not think that the pregnancy was progressing when really it was just fine, LMP just suggested that she was further along than she thought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now